User Avatar Image

The Power Of Love

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 461 users

It won't be Back to the Future without it. SO if Telltale doesn't find SOME WAY to include it... *shakes fist*... even Harmonix got it for Rock Band 3!

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well the other two films seemed to manage without it. Don't get me wrong, I have a BTTF themed Power of Love vinyl single somewhere, but on a list of things that ought to be in BTTF, Huey Lewis and the News surely feature pretty low.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@SurplusGamer said: Well the other two films seemed to manage without it. Don't get me wrong, I have a BTTF themed Power of Love vinyl single somewhere, but on a list of things that ought to be in BTTF, Huey Lewis and the News surely feature pretty low.

And Huey Lewis' acting in the first movie was really bad also. :D :D

• Either Power of Love or Back in Time.

• Well, Music played a huge role in the Movies, in my opinion. There were Times when typical Pop-Music from the Time-Period (or another Time-Period) was played in the Background (like "Mister Sandman" in the 50s, or something from Michael Jackson in that 80s Café). Or think about that whole "Johnny B. Goode"-Scene.

If Telltale could include Songs like that (in a way that fits the game and the Story) i think it would be a good Idea. On the other hand, licensing such songs could be quite expensive and therefore not feasible.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Either Power of Love or Back in Time.

Second.

• (RE: Power of Love) Don't see the point, it was only used really in the first film and a brief sort of acknowledgement near the end of the 3rd. The only music from the films that has to be in the games is the theme. That and the noises that play when the first title cards are shown.

• Well if they plan on doing a recapture of the first film, I.E the skateboard scene. Then it would be a perfect time to use the song.

• It's a curious thing.

I don't think they'll need to use this specific song (although it would be great if they did), but I definitely hope they license some different pop music to serve as background music to represent each era that is visited. That's something that Telltale hasn't really done before, but I think it is a semi-important element of the series, and hopefully it's something that Universal is also paying for. :D

Also, as a side-note, The Power Of Love is going to be in Rock Band 3, which will be coming out next Winter also.

• My first ever album was Fore!

:D

I would be giddy if a snippet of Power of Love or Back In Time popped up during the game.

But yes, pretty low on the 'must-have' list.

• @SurplusGamer said: Well the other two films seemed to manage without it.

It's not strictly true that the sequels were without "Power of Love." Jennifer catches middle aged Marty glumly playing a few notes from the song on his guitar in BTTF2, and the song is blaring out of Needles' radio when he challenges Marty to the drag race at the end of BTTF3.

But, erm, yes. Huey Lewis is hardly the priority #1 ingredient of a successful BTTF game.

Add Comment