User Avatar Image

Cucumbers Cut Lengthwise appreciation thread

posted by lu_ming on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

How could we ever forget to make an appreciation thread for the heart and soul of Moleman humour?:D

00005.jpg

77 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Aw hell no! You mean "Cucumbers Cut Sidewise Appreciation Thread"

These things are evil

• That picture has made me feel like eating a/some cucumber. This is the first time that I have ever felt like eating cucumber. I don't dislike cucumber, but this is the first time I have ever thought 'hey, I feel like eating cucumber'.

• Such is the awesome power of cucumbers cut lengthwise, my friend.

• Aye, that was the first thought that crossed my mind afterward :D.

• These things should NEVER have recieved an appreciation thread.

• Are cucumbers a fruit or a vegetable?

• @Hayden said: Are cucumbers a fruit or a vegetable?

I nevers asked this myself, but I find this interesting enough:
    Wikipedia:
    Having an enclosed seed and developing from a flower, botanically speaking, cucumbers are classified as fruits. However, much like tomatoes and squash they are usually perceived, prepared and eaten as vegetables.
    And Wikipedia is probably written by molemen too: :)
    400px-Cucumber_and_cross_section.jpg

• Yeah, seriously, the whole fruit/vegetable thing is often very fuzzy, we mostly say "fruit" if we primarily eat it for dessert and "vegetable" if we primarily eat it as a side dish.

Also, I think figs and artichokes are actually flowers.

Anyways, I love cucumber. My favourite way to have it is "a la Cowabunga"... Am I the only person who uses that expression? Actually, is it Kowabunga? Anyways... You hold the cucumber, full, in your weaker hand, and a big knife in the main hand. Both held up in the air, with a plate on bowl in front of you on a table or something.

Then you yell "Kowabunga!" and slash a piece from the cucumber, and it falls in the dish. And then you eat it (with the skin on).

When I was a kid, my dad did all the parts up to eating it.

• What about pickles? They are cucumbers, and commonly cut lengthwise.

@Avistew said: Yeah, seriously, the whole fruit/vegetable thing is often very fuzzy...

Well, only for peaches and kiwi fruit. (And stuff that's been left in my fridge for too long.)

@Avistew said:
    Anyways, I love cucumber. My favourite way to have it is "a la Cowabunga"... Am I the only person who uses that expression? Actually, is it Kowabunga? Anyways... You hold the cucumber, full, in your weaker hand, and a big knife in the main hand. Both held up in the air, with a plate on bowl in front of you on a table or something.

Then you yell "Kowabunga!" and slash a piece from the cucumber, and it falls in the dish. And then you eat it (with the skin on).

With my luck, I would end up serving my thumb. (with the skin still on).

This discussion has been closed.