User Avatar Image

The Tim Curry Request Thread

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 858 users

You know you want him. You know he'd be incredible in the game and he'd add a lot to the atmosphere with his incredible voice; hell, he does in everything he's in. Who else would love to see Tim Curry play a role in this? Personally I'd like to see him play an ambitious villain who ends up getting eaten; it's just his kind of role. I can't be the only one who'd like to see him in a Telltale game, and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I know this sort of topic or idea is out of left field and even a bit crazy, (I mean you could really make this sort of topic for ANYBODY) but I dunno, what do you think?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really like Tim Curry.
    But wouldn't he maybe be better suited for something in the comedy genre?
    Comedy isn't the first, second or third thing that comes to mind when I think of Jurassic Park.
    Then again he was Gabriel Knight.
    If he played it straight it could be interesting.

• I'd love to see Tim Curry in this game. After all, he can do the jungle/sruvival/greedy evil villian role...anyone remember 'Congo'?

And of course he can do comedy. I mean he was Wadsworth in 'Clue', and he did a wonderful job.

(Plum - "There is no need to shout."
    Wadsworth - "I'M NOT SHOUTING!!" ... "Alright I am!" "I'm shouting, I'm shouting, I'm S...." *candlestick pops him on head, he falls down*)

I've always liked Tim Curry and I hope TTG will consider geting him a role in the JP game.

• You know, I always hear how great Tim Curry is, but I can honestly say I've only heard him as Gabriel Knight? I hope that's not the only legendary thing he's done?

• @StarEye said: You know, I always hear how great Tim Curry is, but I can honestly say I've only heard him as Gabriel Knight? I hope that's not the only legendary thing he's done?

Of course not. His performance as the concierge of the Plaza Hotel in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is that of a master thespian.

• @StarEye said: You know, I always hear how great Tim Curry is, but I can honestly say I've only heard him as Gabriel Knight? I hope that's not the only legendary thing he's done?

Are you making a joke?

He was Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island, he was the butler in the movie Clue, and he's done a ton of TV work... he's voiced the villain in at least one of the animated Scooby-doo movies. He's also been in several video games: he was the villain in ToonStruck, a point-and-click adventure from the 1990s, and he was recently a villain in Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend, to name a couple.

He's probably still most famous for his cross-dressed appearance in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, though.

• Not to mention his numerous stage performances, such as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The man just has an immense acting talent, gift for timing, and such a unique voice.

This should give you a good idea of his voice and performances.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Tim Curry is great as a villain. In Monk, Dale "the Whale" Biederbeck was played by different actors in each of his three appearances, and Tim Curry was by far the best out of all of them. :)

• I'll always remember him as Nigel Thornberry. <3

• I hear that he was great as King Arthur in "Spamalot." But if he does make it into the game, I'd like to see him as the Professor Guy. :)

• @StrongBrush1 said: I hear that he was great as King Arthur in "Spamalot." But if he does make it into the game, I'd like to see him as the Professor Guy. :)

Yeah, I liked very much his performance as King Arthur. The only bad point about his performance was, in my opinion, that he didn't resemble at all the fantastic work that Chapman did. Maybe that wasn't what Curry was trying, but I loved so much Chapman's performance that I was kinda dissapointed with what Curry did with the character at first. Then, with time, I liked it a lot.

Add Comment