User Avatar Image

monkey island dvd shipping problem [issue-32337]‏

posted by danivempire on - last edited - Viewed by 117 users

Hello all,

on the 7th june, I received an email telling me that my order (Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase) was shipped, and with the mail a UPS tracking number came. This tracking number never never worked, always the same Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site.

I sent an email to the support the 16th june, got a automatic response to tell me that I will get an answer soon, nothing yet...

so, how can I know where the hell my dvd is? I live in belgium so I could understand it would be long. Even that sometimes I order things in China and it comes within a week, but if only the ups tracking would work???

ps: it's the second time I contact support and that I had NEVER had an answer... :confused:

6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had a package once that the tracking number never updated with... package just ended up coming .... in fact I think the tracking thing still has not updated.

I would bet you get it sometime next week... it takes nearly a week for stuff to get from California to Wisconsin.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

First of all, are you sure that the tracking number is a UPS and not a USPS one?
    UPS tracking numbers start with 1Z, USPS ones are (at least for domestic shipments) all numbers.
    Secondly, people in Europe started receiving their packages yesterday (in this thread, someone from the UK mentions having received their package yesterday when it shipped on June 7 and another person from the Netherlands also received theirs yesterday).
    As far as the tracking information goes, Irishmile is right.
    The USPS tracking numbers are mostly just a delivery confirmation and often do not get updated until after the delivery.
    Finally, according to USPS' website, shipping to Belgium with International Priority (the cheapest international service that Telltale currently offers) takes 6 to 10 business days (which is still just an estimate and can also depend on weather conditions and mail volume).
    Hope this helps!

• Hi danivempire,
    My reply must have been eaten somewhere? Please check your pm's. Order shipped on 6/7 with USPS Priority Mail International. Normally, International shipments can take between 4-6 weeks.

Cheers,
    bonnie

• Hi Irishmile,
    I tracked your package, and show USPS delivered yesterday. Did you receive it yet?

Cheers,
    bonnie

• Got email saying my order had shipped on 9th June, still no tracking information on USPS site yet.

Incidentally,

@bonnie said:
    Normally, International shipments can take between 4-6 weeks.

$18 dollars to wait 4-6 weeks for shipping is ridiculous.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@zinzan said: Got email saying my order had shipped on 9th June, still no tracking information on USPS site yet.

Like I posted above, there will most likely not be any tracking information on the USPS website until AFTER delivery, as the so-called tracking number is more of a delivery confirmation.
    My brother's package shipped on June 12 (by the way, I was sort of wrong as USPS "tracking" numbers for international packages DO have letters and look something like LN** **** ***U S) and he has not received it yet, but I'm not too worried as it usually takes 1-3 weeks for him to get packages from the US (he lives in Tervuren, Belgium).
    Unlike UPS or FedEx which have a time guarantee for delivery (and are way more expensive), USPS can be quite erratic, no matter which service you choose (I used to order frequently from Deepdiscount.com and I once received a package a week before another one that had been shipped a week earlier... and that's within the USA!).
    However, I have yet to encounter a non-delivery problem.

Add Comment