User Avatar Image

Whats your favourite Back to the Future scene

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I think the title says it all :P

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My absolute favourite sequence is the whole "getting back the Almanach" back in 1955 in BTTF2. The way it interweaves with the first movie is just incredible. Alan Silvestri's score does the rest to make this whole sequence sooo exciting (Marty in Biff's garage, Marty playing "Johnny B. Goode" on stage, Strickland's office, the chase with Biff's car... wow!). And the great bit where future Marty gets hit by the door swung open by past Marty was hilarious!

Generally, the second movie is my favorite, because the way it gives a new perspective on the first movie is pure genius.

• I think my favourite is basically the whole future part in BTTF2. I wish more of the movie had taken place there.

• @Sir Craigius said: I think my favourite is basically the whole future part in BTTF2. I wish more of the movie had taken place there.

Me too! Omg, I have been obsessed with flying cars and the Delorean every since I first saw it in the late 80's! When the second movie starts and they end up in 2015, man, it is just so epic for words! Too bad 2015 is not gonna have flying cars and hoverboards all over the place...

I am 26 now, so I must have been in kindergarten when it came out in 89. Man, no other movie has had a greater impact in my life, and the whole "The future isn't written yet" moral is pretty kool too.

I love part 2 the most, but part 3 is kool in it's own right, for the Delorean on train tracks scene! I just wish somebody could mod Red Dead Redemption on the PC, and add the BTTF2 and 3 delorean mods from GTA IV to it, man, I will be one happy camper then for sure!

• I saw Back to the Future 2 in the theater when I was about 7 or 8 and the hoverboard stuff will always hold a special place for me.... it got my imagination going...

• I love Chuck Berry's cousin phoning him up to tell him about Marty's Johnny B Goode riff and Duckwalk.

• BTTF 1, naturally, when Marty first met his father and the Biff gang showed up, and i always enjoyed the scene with the funny terrorists. There are quite some things which are nicely arranged in BTTF 1, it just feels well thought out and round.

The successors couldn't life up to this quality anymore and beside of a few nice ideas/scenes (Marty's self adhusting jacket, the hoverboard and of course the almanach) they more come around like B movies in comparison. Story, scene wise, lot's of potential they didn't make proper usage of.

• @jp-30 said: I love Chuck Berry's cousin phoning him up to tell him about Marty's Johnny B Goode riff and Duckwalk.

This

And the hoverboard chase scene.

Got my Back to the Future tshirt on today :)

• The hover board chase in BTTF2 or the Train sequence in BTTF3.

• Gief real hover board, hopefully it will be possible someday to make a board that somehow dont care about gravity.

http://gizmodo.com/5549271/a-real-working-hoverboard-exists

• When Marty reads his letter warning Doc Brown about his death by Libyans, and then later sees Doc shot down again.

Add Comment