User Avatar Image

Telltale keeps lying about shipping!!!Order #600058726155189

posted by pitu20 on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

I'm really dissapointed! I placed the order on April 1st and haven't received my Monkey Island DVD!

A person called Bonnie always replies saying they are sending it but it never gets sent! This is absurd! And now she doesn't even answer anymore! Total lack of respect!:mad:

On June 2nd she sent me an email telling me the DVD was sent but the info I get from the "tracking number" since then is:

Label/Receipt Number: LN04 6746 235U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 3, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So the truth is that Telltale hasn't sent anything to the mail cause the info hasn't changed. If I knew I'd be treated like trash, I would NEVER HAVER BOUGHT THIS DVD! I have been robbed and cannot do a thing about it!:mad:

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First of all, they JUST started shipping the DVD out in the past couple weeks.

Second, "electronic shipping info received" not changing doesn't mean anything, it will likely not change until the moment the package shows up at your house.

Third, Telltale aren't out to rob you, their customer support has been overwhelmed by thousands of tickets of people whining about the DVD release, problems with the current Sam and Max games on at least 4 different platforms, problems with various sales, problems ordering the DVD, every problem you can imagine, and they essentially only have Bonnie to sort it all out at the moment. They can and will do everything in their power to help you in the event that something DID happen to your shipment (not likely), but spamming them with emails isn't going to do anything but slow it down for everyone.

Fourth, you ordered the DVD a good two weeks after the majority of pre-orderers, and thus there is a chance your shipment will take longer than some of the rest of them, especially since you're an international customer.

• Thanks Pale Man. xoxox

pitu20,
    'tis true we're overloaded at the moment in support. And, yes, it's only me at the moment. At any rate, I show that your order did indeed ship, or at least, leave our warehouse on June 2, 2010. Normally, International Shipments can take between 4-6 weeks. Brazil seems to be on the longer side of 6 weeks. Unfortunately, once the package leaves our warehouse, the package is beyond my control and in the hands of USPS. I think you're really close to receiving it. If it's not there in a few more weeks, please let me know and we'll look into who we can talk to with USPS.

Thanks,
    bonnie

• I really hope sp Bonnie, cause I think all this process has really damaged the Telltale name...

Regardin Pale Man, I really don't care for what you think... even more for you implying that domestic customers are more important than international. We pay the same money and we are clients the same as anybody else, so if you think you're better than any one...

Another thing... if the crew of Telltale knew they would have so many difficulties, they should have posted somewhere and kept a transparent dialog with its customers. Businesswise, no client cares about the problems the other side is having. We paid for a product and it shouln't take months for it to arrive.

The biggest problem is having emails answered always saing that the product has left the warehouse and that we'll get it in no time when we really don't know if it has.

Ans one more thing Pale man, if the tracking info only changes when the product gets to someone's hoem, what's its purpose then....

• @pitu20 said: Regardin Pale Man, I really don't care for what you think... even more for you implying that domestic customers are more important than international. We pay the same money and we are clients the same as anybody else, so if you think you're better than any one...

Err, I think he was implying that it takes a shipment longer to be received internationally because it has further to travel. That's just a fact of life that distance adds time to shipping..

@pitu20 said:
    Another thing... if the crew of Telltale knew they would have so many difficulties, they should have posted somewhere and kept a transparent dialog with its customers. Businesswise, no client cares about the problems the other side is having. We paid for a product and it shouln't take months for it to arrive.

It should take months for the product to arrive because you ordered a disc which stated it was a pre-order, which means it didn't exist yet. Right now it's only been three weeks since your order shipped, which happened right when the dvd came in to existence. I can't figure out how nobody understands what "pre-order" means.

• @pitu20 said: Regardin Pale Man, I really don't care for what you think... even more for you implying that domestic customers are more important than international. We pay the same money and we are clients the same as anybody else, so if you think you're better than any one...

I didn't say that, I said it takes longer for international customers to receive their products, which it does. That's not because domestic customers are better, it's because you're further away, and there are more middle-men between you and your package.

@pitu20 said: We paid for a product and it shouln't take months for it to arrive.

You paid for a pre-order, meaning the product was still in the process of being made. If you are uncomfortable with ordering merchandise that is in the process of being manufactured, you always have the option of waiting until the product has actually started shipping before placing your order.

@pitu20 said: The biggest problem is having emails answered always saing that the product has left the warehouse and that we'll get it in no time when we really don't know if it has.

If they said it has left the warehouse, it has left the warehouse. Why would they lie to paying customers? They're a business, they want you to keep buying their products. Ripping you off is not on their agenda.

@pitu20 said: Ans one more thing Pale man, if the tracking info only changes when the product gets to someone's hoem, what's its purpose then....

Its only purpose is delivery confirmation, although I'm not entirely sure how well it works for international orders. It allows the shipper to know whether or not the customer has received the product yet, and how long it took for them to receive it.

• Yeah, the "tracking" is really bad, ESPECIALLY because it clearly states "This does not indicate receipt by the USPS". I really think this is all USPS's fault and they should AT LEAST add a "USPS recieved the physical package" status to those cheaper mailing options, because the way it is now causes Telltale (and other companies!) to have A LOT of angry customers, and the customers have a right to be angry because they are not given correct information - but it's not the company's fault, but USPS's.

If you really really need real tracking, you'd have to choose a more expensive shipping option. Either that or you'll just have to deal with that annoying "electronic notice" bullcrap.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I didn't say that, I said it takes longer for international customers to receive their products, which it does. That's not because domestic customers are better, it's because you're further away, and there are more middle-men between you and your package.

You paid for a pre-order, meaning the product was still in the process of being made. If you are uncomfortable with ordering merchandise that is in the process of being manufactured, you always have the option of waiting until the product has actually started shipping before placing your order.

If they said it has left the warehouse, it has left the warehouse. Why would they lie to paying customers? They're a business, they want you to keep buying their products. Ripping you off is not on their agenda.

Its only purpose is delivery confirmation, although I'm not entirely sure how well it works for international orders. It allows the shipper to know whether or not the customer has received the product yet, and how long it took for them to receive it.

Shodan,
    My reply towards you as confrontive because the way you made your post was kindda ofensive in the way that it looked like you didn't care about what I've been through and it was like "screw you if you don't like it" you know?

I don't see any customer as if they are whinning about their orders because they are all right about being P.Od. For example, I did not by my DVD during pre-order. If I'm not mistaken, when I bought my DVD, only the special with the other gifts was in pre-order status and not the normal DVD.

And three things:
    1- Pre-order doen't mean product doen't exist but means that the structure is being developed and the product is being manufactured in large scale so, on the date determined, large quantities will be shipped and so on...
    2- the thing that people are pissed about Telltale is the lack of transparency that the company has been conducing this whole process. And that will surely have a negative impact for when they sell DVDs again in the future. I'm sure many people that have seen this forum are or had second thoughts on buying the products.
    3- If Telltale knows that they would be understaffed, they should have done something BEFORE it became a problem and not wait for it to happen and say they are sorry but they are doing what they can but there are not enough people. As I said before, it is not the paying customer's problem. We pay for something and we expect that something to be delivered.

Regarding Shipping, all companies I've worked with that give a tracking number update the status of the merchandise (received by company, in transit, arrived, delivered...). Anyways, there is only one option for International Shipping....

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@pitu20 said: If I'm not mistaken, when I bought my DVD, only the special with the other gifts was in pre-order status and not the normal DVD.

Actually, the regular edition of TOMI was a pre-order until the beginning of June.

@pitu20 said: Anyways, there is only one option for International Shipping....

Not true. There are actually three options which are USPS Priority Mail International, FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority.

• @Macfly77 said:
    Not true. There are actually three options which are USPS Priority Mail International, FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority.

When I made my purchase, there was only one, a US$16 one. If there were a better choise, I'd have chosen it...

But still, the problem wouldn't have been solved...

• @pitu20 said: Regarding Shipping, all companies I've worked with that give a tracking number update the status of the merchandise (received by company, in transit, arrived, delivered...). Anyways, there is only one option for International Shipping....

When it comes to tracking information, the USPS is horrible.

I've had many orders through other companies, not just TTG, that use USPS. the status on the USPS says "electronic shipment info received" until the box appears on my doorstep, then and only then, does the website update with the detailed shipping info. Again, this happens with pretty much every company that uses USPS to ship, so you're complaint should be with USPS's sucky tracking service.

And, before you say that TTG should stop using USPS, they have contracts with the company that actually sends out the merchandise and that company is who chooses how to ship things. Changing contracts is probably not an easy process and there are penalties for breaking them.

Add Comment