User Avatar Image

OP and ED are shallow

posted by Amaterasu on - last edited - Viewed by 176 users

During the 2nd season of S&M and the Tales of Monkey Island series, the opening and ending credit sequences of each episode was different, new, related to the episode!

In the 3rd season of S&M, it feels like the OP and ED credit sequences are not a part of the game anymore, and begins to be boring to watch.

Please do something original to the OP and ED, something that will make me watch them and feel the same way as we felt while watching Murry's ending from ToMI.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. Are you talking about the credit sequences that bookend each episode or the narrator's opening and closing sequences?

• If you are talking about the credit sequences I personally love the opening credits for season 3. It makes it feel like some kind of cheesy buddy-cop TV show, which is awesome. The ending credits are pretty bland, but oh well.

• Oh, i'm not talking about the narrator parts, I really like those,

I'm talking only about the credit sequences.

• @Amaterasu said: Oh, i'm not talking about the narrator parts, I really like those,

I'm talking only about the credit sequences.

Then I have to disagree with your premise that "the 2nd season of S&M and the Tales of Monkey Island series, the opening and ending credit sequences of each episode was different, new, related to the episode" since S2 used the same opening credit sequence each time (give or take something to shoot) and I don't recall ToMI having any opening credit sequence at all past a title card. I'll go with you on the ending, I kinda miss the individualized (musically at least) ending credits, but, the way they've done it, it fits with the TV show aesthetic that Telltale seems to be going for.

• Well, Sam and Max season 2 only added a new target to shoot. I was expecting a colour change. Maybe like the first two seasons, maybe we'll get special end of season credits? Not a song, but just different music and pictures from season 3?
    Monkey island didn't have openings, just credits over cutscenes. Which was alright. Anyway, one thing I though would be good was if in episode 302 that the opening had Sammeth and Maximus in similar car, or just completely different opening. Not sure how it would work for the rest of the season though. Oh Well.

• Actually, season 2 had different openings for each episode before the car and shooting stuff.

So, yeah...

• The intro is fine. It's the outro that disappoints me. I want a lyrical song in this season! Somewhere! ::cries:: ;(

• Actually, season 2 had different openings for each episode before the car and shooting stuff.

So, yeah...

I though we were talking about the opening credits. At least I was.

The intro is fine. It's the outro that disappoints me. I want a lyrical song in this season! Somewhere! ::cries:: ;(

Same! I miss them. :( Hopefully episode 5 will have one, possibly not as the season seems to be a different tone whereas seasons 1 and 2 were random.

• @Nintomster said: Same! I miss them. :( Hopefully episode 5 will have one, possibly not as the season seems to be a different tone whereas seasons 1 and 2 were random.

Yeah, they only way I can see one is probably in the final episode. Having one in the 4th seems out of place.

Or perhaps the intro has lyrics? (But I can't figure out a way to have some in that song...)

If there is no song in this season, I think SOMEONE has to take it upon themselves to make one. I just hope that person isn't me because I'm horrible at writing lyrics (or writing in general)... ^^;

Add Comment