User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park Comics discussion...

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Jurassic Park: Redemption issue one from IDW Comics is out today

Jurassic Park: Redemption
Bob Schreck (w) • Nate Van Dyke (a) • Tom Yeates, Frank Miller (c)

It’s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Sorna, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamoring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! With the help of their controversial Granddad’s inheritance and their own sharp wits, a secret deal is struck to open a new park! This time they’ll get it right... right? Bob Schreck makes his writing debut on this all-new tale, under covers from fellow industry legends Frank Miller and Tom Yeates!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

More information:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25376
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/wondercon-2010-idw-publishing-100402.html

Preview:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5527

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know it's on the website as Isla Sorna, but it's Nublar. And it's an awesome comic book series.

• @Icedhope said: I know it's on the website as Isla Sorna, but it's Nublar. And it's an awesome comic book series.

Yep, they confused in the solicit the original island with the Site B one. :D

• This series is pretty good. The art is a little spotty but it's great to have another entry in the Jurassic Park universe. Also, Dodgson is in it.

• I am waiting for the third issue to arrive, but I agree that the art is a little spotty.

Also in January, after this mini is over IIRC, there will be another JP 4 part story with art by John Byrne.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35934&PN=56&TPN=1

2010-07-25_051958_JP.01.CvrA.jpg

• Yikes, I'm not sure I could get past that art... (not the Byrne art, the Van Dyke art). I'm definitely interested to see how the Bernie Wrightson cover turns out, though.

• So, in January, a second JP series and a trade of the first one:

Jurassic Park, Vol. 1: Redemption
    Bob Schreck (w) • Nate Van Dyke (a) • Frank Miller (c)

It’s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Sorna, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamoring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! With the help of their controversial Granddad’s inheritance and their own sharp wits, a secret deal is struck to open a new park! This time they’ll get it right… right? Bob Schreck makes his writing debut on this all-new tale, under cover from fellow industry legends Frank Miller, Art Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Paul Pope and William Stout!

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-850-1

JurassicPark_Redemption_TPB.jpgJurassic Park: The Devils in the Desert #1 (of 4)
    John Byrne (w) • Byrne (a & c)

The legendary John Byrne brings his talents to the world of Jurassic Park and the results have never been more terrifying! Sheriff Tobias suddenly has more on his plate than he can handle when he is confronted with numerous cattle mutilations and the disappearance of a local farmer. Tensions escalate as the Feds arrive on the scene and the mysterious predators make their presence known!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

JurassicPark_DevilsoftheDesert01_CovA.jp

• @Alan Johnson said: The art is a little spotty

With all due respect, I find it hardly fair that TellTale can criticize any art work, after looking at ol' Doc "zombie face" Brown up there.

And this is really cool! :)

• Well, what he means by spotty is that, it looks like some really amateurish artwork. Good story, and everything it's just the artwork for the dino's could be improved.

• @evil_rex said: With all due respect, I find it hardly fair that TellTale can criticize any art work, after looking at ol' Doc "zombie face" Brown up there.

And this is really cool! :)

The artwork of Redemption is a piece of shit! Nothing looks like anything in the movie, and for a franchise like Jurassic Park with its strong visuals its just a bad joke. The story is good though, even more a shame!

• I will say that the artwork seems to be getting worse with each issue.

Add Comment