User Avatar Image

People don't like 303?!?!

posted by tabstis on - last edited - Viewed by 732 users

I think it is by far the BEST EPISODE EVER produced by Telltale!!

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hate the first 30 Minutes of the game. The rest is great as (almost) always.

• If noir was any longer it would have ruine it but they managed to keep eveything at a good rate, definatley one of the best.

• Huge amount of variety - I loved the change in Sam's character

• And his butt looks sweet w/o the jacket *^^*

• I think the huge switch in atmosphere and tone halfway through made it tough to appreciate both halves. As soon as I started to get into the noir atmosphere, I was tossed into the other reality. And as soon as I started to get into the other reality, the episode was over.

That being said, it's definitely not the worst of episodes. I'd rank it somewhere between the less-than-stellar Penal Zone and the stellar Tomb of Sammun-Mak in terms of overall quality.

• I've written about this elsewhere, but my major quarrels lie with the overuse of Rhinoplasty and the simplicity of the puzzles using it. I liked the story a lot, but the psychic toys just weren't used well throughout it.

• @lombre said: I think the huge switch in atmosphere and tone halfway through made it tough to appreciate both halves. As soon as I started to get into the noir atmosphere, I was tossed into the other reality. And as soon as I started to get into the other reality, the episode was over.

That being said, it's definitely not the worst of episodes. I'd rank it somewhere between the less-than-stellar Penal Zone and the stellar Tomb of Sammun-Mak in terms of overall quality.

I agree with you that the change is abrupt - it's almost as though this was written as a six-episode season and then they were compressed into one episode through lack of any real lengthy puzzles in the museum section

• @tabstis said: I agree with you that the change is abrupt - it's almost as though this was written as a six-episode season and then they were compressed into one episode through lack of any real lengthy puzzles in the museum section

Exactly my thoughts. I think as separate episodes that these different themes would have worked perfectly. The lack of puzzles in the museum was a major disappointment, especially due to the size of the place. When you see the size of the location, you expect to solve a nice amount of puzzles there. Heck, it took more time for me to explore the place than it did for me to solve the puzzles there. I was especially disappointed that the little switches on the anamatronic displays were never used. There was some major potential for those.

• Different people seem to have different -- sometimes conflicting -- criticisms, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone who just flat out didn't like it.

• I litraly went 0_0 at reading that title XP

Add Comment