User Avatar Image

Did anyone else think Sammun-Mak was a girl?

posted by olimango on - last edited - Viewed by 395 users

I don't know about you, but I thought Sammun-Mak was a girl until about halfway through the episode. Just her voice and mannerisms made him very feminine or something.

Anyone else?

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not really, considering they've been referring to him as male since 302. Not to mention that female Pharohs are very, very rare.

I can see how you'd make that mistake if you weren't really paying attention, though.

• I've come to accept that young boys are frequently voiced by girls, and therefore sound confusingly like them in many cases.

I will admit to really, really hoping it was going to be a return of the Geek after just watching the trailer and not being sure whose brain it was that was put into Max's head. It kinda sounds like her. Heaven knows Sam and Max need some brilliant redheaded nerdy child building them bizarre weaponry and giving the desoto random upgrades. *sigh* Those were the days. I miss the geek. I think the thing in the fridge came back and ate her. :D or not . . .

• no maybe samun mak is not a girl but he is probalby a kid and that's why he's voice is a bit feminine btw doesen't samunmak sounds like sam and mak (probably in german cuz and in german is und)

• I knew he was a boy, but he definitely sounded like a girl. I had to keep telling myself "he's a boy, Sammun-Mak is a boy" because I just automatically though of him as a girl.

• @Hayden said: I knew he was a boy, but he definitely sounded like a girl. I had to keep telling myself "he's a boy, Sammun-Mak is a boy" because I just automatically though of him as a girl.

Same here. I knew he was male, I just kept thinking he was female.

• I chose to think of him as a girl regardless. :D Adds a twist to the character.

• All I could hear was Morgan :D

• Sounded like a really young English boy to me though.

• @Nimeni said: I've come to accept that young boys are frequently voiced by girls, and therefore sound confusingly like them in many cases.

I will admit to really, really hoping it was going to be a return of the Geek after just watching the trailer and not being sure whose brain it was that was put into Max's head. It kinda sounds like her. Heaven knows Sam and Max need some brilliant redheaded nerdy child building them bizarre weaponry and giving the desoto random upgrades. *sigh* Those were the days. I miss the geek. I think the thing in the fridge came back and ate her. :D or not . . .

i really, really hate the geek

• I thought he was a boy at first, and i could've swore Sam called him a priestess, or something-ess(but maybe it was just highness? I'm not sure now, I don't think so though.), which got me all confused.

Add Comment