User Avatar Image

Don't let an eleven year old play it

posted by NotFury on - last edited - Viewed by 512 users

Just a warning. Don't let your 11 year old brother play Puzzle Agent first. No matter how big a Layton fan they are. One of the puzzles absolutely horrified him.

This game isn't as family friendly as Telltale's previous titles. It probably should have a warning "Resorts to cheap scare tactics".

That being said I thought the scene was cool, albeit a bit cheap, and it'll scare off any children from playing games in the franchise.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • All that said, I think the game is awesome. I'm not bashing the game at all. It's really good. Just not for kids.

• I'm more than twice his age and that trick got me. The fact it was late at night and my headphones were turned up way too loud didn't help. It calls to mind the classic online trick where you get somebody to concentrate on something comfortably and then throw a disfigured face at the screen with a shriek. Except this was a little more classy as it was integrated in with the story and wasn't completely random for the sake of it. You can't deny its effectiveness either way.

Also, lol.

• I loved that bit. Made me jump a little mind but it was so perfectly Grickle.

• I'm 20 and I found it pretty freaky myself. I actually liked it, sorta. It's gonna scare off half the WiiWare audience though, considering the average age of a Wii gamer is 10.

• They did it on the most innocent puzzle. then when you think you're safe they do it again!
    I loved that scene btw

• I also used headphones, but fortunately (?) I played that part in the afternoon, so the shock effect wasn't that severe.

While I wouldn't recommend this game for children either, I really love the dark atmosphere compared to other Telltale games, especially because the recent Sam & Max episodes were (for me) a bit too family-friendly and lacked some dirty jokes :)

• @julian said: I also used headphones, but fortunately (?) I played that part in the afternoon, so the shock effect wasn't that severe.

While I wouldn't recommend this game for children either, I really love the dark atmosphere compared to other Telltale games, especially because the recent Sam & Max episodes were (for me) a bit too family-friendly and lacked some dirty jokes :)

Yeah, I agree. The atmosphere is fantastic. Completely in contrast to every other game they've made. I love it.

Add Comment