User Avatar Image

What's Wrong With Season 3?

posted by BoneFreak on - last edited - Viewed by 308 users

I swear, a lot of people say some Season 3 episodes (or all) are not what they want. Honestly? There is still inventory Gameplay, still Sam and Max, very wacky and crazy happenings (much as in the comics and TV show) and the best graphics out of all the Seasons, not in a very bland style like usually. So I want all of the naysayers to post on this: What makes it bad? :confused:

(P.S I think this is the best Sam And Max Season yet, not to mention 303 is my favorite Sam and Max episode of all time.)

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BoneFreak said: I swear, a lot of people say some Season 3 episodes (or all) are not what they want. Honestly? There is still inventory Gameplay, still Sam and Max, very wacky and crazy happenings (much as in the comics and TV show) and the best graphics out of all the Seasons, not in a very bland style like usually. So I want all of the naysayers to post on this: What makes it bad? :confused:

(P.S I think this is the best Sam And Max Season yet, not to mention 303 is my favorite Sam and Max episode of all time.)

you and I are one in the same, The Devil's Playhouse is so far the greatest season yet!!! The Penal Zone is my favorite episode.

The problem I think: either a: some people can't accept change or b: they hate the lack of Bosco, believe me I miss Bosco, but let's not forget about our favorite dog and lagamorph....and Superball

• Just because you guys think this season is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean it is. It's just an opinion, just like the ones who think that Season 3 could be so much better than so far.

I don't think I need to repeat my reasonings yet again. Two times were enough to people who just ignore my posts. There's been too many of these "fans VS fans" topics and if you are too lazy to listen to another's opinion the first 9-something times (I've counted at least 9 topics on the first page in the Sam & Max forum), you are just stroking a fire that shouldn't be.

• Not everyone reads every thread, you know. For example, you've posted 195 times before this, yet this is the first time I've ever seen you here.

• The only thing I have against season 3 is the puzzles are slightly too easy.

Other than that, I am loving it and have no buyer's remorse.

It's a good thing for me I love Sam n Max as well as Tales of Monkey Island.

• @Breakman said: Just because you guys think this season is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean it is. It's just an opinion, just like the ones who think that Season 3 could be so much better than so far.

I don't think I need to repeat my reasonings yet again. Two times were enough to people who just ignore my posts. There's been too many of these "fans VS fans" topics and if you are too lazy to listen to another's opinion the first 9-something times (I've counted at least 9 topics on the first page in the Sam & Max forum), you are just stroking a fire that shouldn't be.

+1.

I would also add that not all of the criticisms of Season 3 come from people who aren't happy with it overall. There are at least some, like me, who offer quibbles because they love TDP and want to provide Telltale with their thoughts on making it better.

Following Breakman's precedent, I won't repeat my quibbles here.

• If I HAD to pick something I dislike about Season 3, it'd be the lack of Musical Numbers, would've LOVED to see Papierwaite and Skunkape do a duet song about Sammun-Mak.

• What the heck is this? I see a thread called "what's wrong with season 3" on most recently used thread for the forum, click it out of interest, and it's full of people refusing to say what's wrong with it :s I'm quite interested in hearing why it isn't what some people want, but am not about to trawl a forum to find their other posts in order to do so.

• @doodinthemood said: What the heck is this? I see a thread called "what's wrong with season 3" on most recently used thread for the forum, click it out of interest, and it's full of people refusing to say what's wrong with it :s I'm quite interested in hearing why it isn't what some people want, but am not about to trawl a forum to find their other posts in order to do so.

You're interested in a particular topic, but can't be bothered to look at threads with relevant titles?!? That's the whole point of a threaded forum. No trawling necessary: there's a stickied thread called Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: They Stole Max's Brain! Discussion!

The op is trolling for arguments to "refute" as if his/her own opinion is the only correct one, and it's not the first thread to do so.

• There is another point you are forgetting. People like to complain. Even if people absolutely love something they will find something to complain about.

Add Comment