User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hold on, just let me get my time machine and I'll get back to you.

Seriously it's too soon to make any justified comment. It LOOKS interesting, but until I actually get to play it I must reserve all judgement.

I'll still get it though, because it's Nintendo, and it's a handheld, and they've never went wrong with a handheld. Plus I need my Pokémon fix.

• I think it looks pretty decent. The amount of classic remakes it's getting means it can't be that bad! Plus, if the 3d effect sucks, or is painful long term, it can always be turned off. I just hope it doesn't cost too much Anything over £200 ($305)for the standalone console would be far too expensive. It may be ultra-snazzy, but it's a handheld, that will likely get bumped and scratched and will likely need to be replaced in 3-4 years.

• So far it looks great. 3D photos will rock as soon as the 4th of july hits again i mean 3d fireworks to stare at when it isnt the 4th of july i mean cool.

• I am unable to judge yet. When it was initially announced I was certain that it was a horrible idea. After the E3 presentation I want one. That is not to say it is any good.

• As I stated in another thread, the thing is a bonafide beast. Graphically it is stronger than the wii & is capable of nearly match SOME PS3/360 games (that is if the screenshots don't lie)... but in the end it will come down to the games being made for it (which if, you look at the list, are for the most part incredibly strong titles. As long as it stays in the $150-$250 range I am a guaranteed buyer.

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

I personally don't care much about the 3d effect - its the remake of Ocarina of Time that sold it for me.

• @roberttitus said: As I stated in another thread, the thing is a bonafide beast. Graphically it is stronger than the wii

Yeah, but can it produce better graphics than my toaster?

& is capable of nearly match SOME PS3/360 games
    ...sure it can. Oh! I get it! You're talking about 80s games on the PSN store and Xbox Live Aracade!

• @Rather Dashing said: Yeah, but can it produce better graphics than my toaster?

Maybe is your toaster those new HD toasters I keep hearing about.

• @Gman5852 said: Maybe is your toaster those new HD toasters I keep hearing about.

I got it at a garage sale for $5. It makes toast. Have you ever seen the Wii make toast?

• @Rather Dashing said: I got it at a garage sale for $5. It makes toast. Have you ever seen the Wii make toast?

But can your toaster brush my teeth? Didn't think so.

Add Comment