User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @seibert999 said: any recomendations

For what?What games to get?

I think the general consensus is Zelda Ocarina of time 3D, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D land, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid and Pushmo (eShop only. There's also a supposedly decent nintendo made 3rd person tower defence game with an armadillo there too.)

I can't really say, as the only games I own are Zelda and Rayman 2 (which by the way is worth picking up if you haven't played it. One of the cheapest ones too.)

Plenty of stuff to look forward to: Luigi's mansion, Paper mario, animal crossing, Smash bros etc.

• So the latest Nintendo direct announced some eshop Pokemon, NSMB2(the third in the series), and a new update for the 3ds.

The update includes the ability to patch games(Mario Kart 7 confirmed for this) and the ability to organize the menu with folders. Looks like the demos and games I don't play get a nice folder for me to ignore them easier now:p

• @Gman5852 said: So the latest Nintendo direct announced some eshop Pokemon, NSMB2(the third in the series), and a new update for the 3ds.

The update includes the ability to patch games(Mario Kart 7 confirmed for this) and the ability to organize the menu with folders. Looks like the demos and games I don't play get a nice folder for me to ignore them easier now:p

I hope to god that they can patch Blazblue: Continuum Shift.
    (That port has quite a few issues)

But patching and folders are just what the console needed.

EDIT: Also patch in Circle Pad Plus support to stuff! :D

• Sounds great! The amount of clutter on my home screen is unbelievable, thanks to the 20 free ambassador games. I think that's one of the reasons they chose to include the folder feature. Patching on the other hand is something that should have been in there from the start! I still can't believe that the wii never got it!

• I wonder something though. The new version of the eShop Pokedex is one you'll have to pay for. Do you STILL have to wait for all the Pokemon? I love the Pokedex already, but I want my classic Pokemon. You know. Back before they ran out of ideas and made a trash bag into a Pokemon.

• I bet you'll have to pay for it.. I could see them adding the use of AR cards.. you know at some point there will be Pokemon AR cards.. if Nintendo did it with Kid Icarus.. you know they are thinking its a no-brainer to do it with Pokemon.

• I was wondering why my free pokedex app wasn't getting any more pokemon... :(
    Sad. It was a great way to demonstrate the 3D and get people to look forward to a 3DS main pokemon game.

• You know. Back before they ran out of ideas and made a trash bag into a Pokemon.

Or ice-cream. When I first saw that ice-cream Pokemon (Vanilish or what's its name), I thought that was a joke. Boy, I was wrong.

That's why I'm quite content with HeartGold/SoulSilver for the time being and don't need any new Pokemon games :D

• Ladies and Gentlemen!

Its time for....

Retro's Mini-reviews!

Today's edition: Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Demo reviews.

So Theatrhythm.

Its Elite Beat Agents, with Final Fantasy music.
    Can't really go wrong with that.

The demo plays very smoothly and it looks pleasant.

So you get to sample two of the different "styles" of gameplay, a battle style (tap, hold, flick) and a exploration style. (tap, drag, flick)

And you get two songs to play:

The Man with the Machine Gun from FF VIII
    The Sunleth Waterscape from FF XIII

And the harder difficulties are pretty damn hard!
    Definately looking forward to the final game thats for sure! :D

Now onto Kingdom Hearts.

Its also a pretty darn good demo.

It introduces the game mechanics very well, and controls are very smooth.

I like the new ability to dash into walls and poles to combo attacks, keeps the battle fluid once you get the hang of it.

(Also makes travelling around much quicker, which was a bit annoying in the older games where you had to backtrack quite a bit. Wondering around long boring areas is no fun)

Also we get to see Neko. And that is awesome.

Looking forward to that one.

3DS is definately shaping up now to be a serious obstacle to the Playstation Vita's success in the long-term, now that the really great games are coming out to play.

Looking forward to a Luigi's mansion 2 and Paper Mario demo. <3

Add Comment