User Avatar Image

The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

posted by tabstis on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

Wow that episode went quickly. But I think not everything has become clear yet... I still think we will see a main villain to the season as in the previous two. We also don't know what happened to Skunkape, Sal or Papierwaite! (although the latter may be dead...NOOOO) And Max is being controlled by Junior, right? What will the next episode be like without him? And will the narrator ever show up...

554 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm half expecting that there will be a reordering of the universe involved in what may become an overly circuitous plot arc.

  • Given that paiperwaite got thrown off the statue of liberty and was gasping for air and that norrington also seemed to passout I'd guess safe asusmption they r dead.

    Also safe bet final villian is Max, but max junior hybrid. I should think Skunk'apes ship will have a use in defeating him

  • I think it's pretty safe to say Skun'ka'pe, Sal, and Papierwaite have all bitten the dust, sadly.

  • @Emo Hoe said: Given that paiperwaite got thrown off the statue of liberty and was gasping for air and that norrington also seemed to passout I'd guess safe asusmption they r dead.

    Also safe bet final villian is Max, but max junior hybrid. I should think Skunk'apes ship will have a use in defeating him

    I liked Papierwaite a lot in this episode. He makes a better character half-good than fully evil.

  • @Cheri said: I think it's pretty safe to say Skun'ka'pe, Sal, and Papierwaite have all bitten the dust, sadly.

    I highly doubt Skunkape and Sal are gone. Sal's death was just too anti-climatic and I don't think the clones would kill Skunkape, especially so soon afterwards - just traumatise him a lot more. I think Skunkape will return with a really great fear of Sam.

  • I dunno why it's not been discussed yet but, the narrator: "pull the cord, pull the cord" - whut...

  • @doodinthemood said: I dunno why it's not been discussed yet but, the narrator: "pull the cord, pull the cord" - whut...

    wait i remember that but what exactly did he say?

  • @doodinthemood said: I dunno why it's not been discussed yet but, the narrator: "pull the cord, pull the cord" - whut...

    Yeah, I was a bit confused too. Maybe 'pull the cord' meant agitate him? That is what you pretty much do to beat Charlie.

  • Papierwaite is probably dead, but who knows if being merged with Yog-Soggoth could bring him back or somesuch. He could always end up as a ghost, too. I kinda doubt that Skun'ka'pe would perish off-screen, although I don't doubt that we might not see him until we need use of his spaceship. And Sal's a cockroach, they're survivors.

    Also, villain line-up if fairly misleading now since we've got Max/Junior cloven-feet rather than giant max.

    Pull the cord just sounds like one of those dolls with the talking cord.

  • I really really hope that Papierwaite is not dead. I'm pretty sure Norrington is though...WAIT A MINUTE! I'M NORRINGTON!!!

Add Comment