User Avatar Image

A question about the Dimensional Thing (spoilers)

posted by juandemarco on - last edited - Viewed by 165 users

Hello everyone,
I just accidentally got right the combination to get the Cthonian Destroyer with the Dimensional Destabilizer (1 2 3 3), can someone explain it to me? I was supposed to get those numbers out of the ancient manuscript but I randomly solved it before I could even think about it!!

Thanks...
juan

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was the same for me. But I never noticed the need to use future vision. I just fiddled randomly and the game added stickers eventually.

• Added stickers?
    I suppose... hint level pretty high up?

(I guess that explains the note-on's people mentioned I didn't notice at all)

• @Hassat Hunter said: Added stickers?
    I suppose... hint level pretty high up?

(I guess that explains the note-on's people mentioned I didn't notice at all)

Those notes appear even when hints are turned off.

To be honest I didn't get that puzzle's idea either (it was not really logical), so I just used trial and error and noticed that once you start to get them right, they are stuck in correct numbers. That puzzle solves itself really. I realized it got something to do with that paper thing but it was not needed.

• @Clord said: Those notes appear even when hints are turned off.

To be honest I didn't get that puzzle's idea either (it was not really logical), so I just used trial and error and noticed that once you start to get them right, they are stuck in correct numbers. That puzzle solves itself really. I realized it got something to do with that paper thing but it was not needed.

The bolded is not true, at least not for the PC version; I could change them even if they were right, as could my little sister.

• Personally I did understand how the dials worked after a few tries; and while I was happily fiddling with the dials to find out what each number did, suddenly a sticker appeared and blocked one of them. I really didn't need that, and I had hint level on 0. That was really irritating.

• Yup, same here (hint level 0, PC user).

No stickers, and free to alter the dials after they were correct (I put them all on 1 first, 2 second, 3 third. That... shouldn't be possible with what you guys are saying).

Weeeeeird.

• @thom-22 said: Edit to respond to Tilan: I was able to change the dial even after it was on the correct setting. In fact, IIRC, when you first access the machine, two of the dials start out in the correct final position.

Yes, at first I was able to change the dials too, even when they were on the correct position; BUT after a number of tries, an unwanted sticker appeared. (I could still move the 3 other dials though.)
    That's the kind of thing that should not happen when hints are disabled. I assume that was a bug -_-

(and I'm on PC too)

• Odd. Are you sure hints are disabled for you though?
    The settings aren't saved between episodes like with season 2 or ToMI.

I've fiddled around it with FAR longer than I should have, and no stickers (gladly). 303 did give me unwanted hints though...

Add Comment