User Avatar Image

Unable to add Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition to cart!

posted by StewG on - last edited - Viewed by 219 users

I figured it would be smart to take advantage of the Comi-Con sale, and wanted to by everything I'm missing. But when i try to add Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition to my cart, nothing happens.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have they stopped selling them?

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's possible. The chest doesn't appear in the store anymore. The page still exists and is active, but it doesn't show up in the ToMI category.

• I want this deluxe one as well. I just got home from a vacation so it was not possible before now. I hope I did not get too late for the Deluxe one.

• Arrr, this be a basic pirate rule: whoever gets to the treasure first, scores to dig it up.

But seriously, maybe they have to reorder the pieces o eight or the printed maps right now. I can't remember reading something about this edition being limited.

• Yea, I really hope it is not sold out :eek:

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

I'm pretty sure the Deluxe Edition is not limited (I've certainly never read anything about it being limited either).
    However, it's possible that Telltale has temporarily removed the possibility to order it because they're waiting for parts (treasure chests, pieces of eight, tarot cards, maps, coasters, Steve Purcell slipcovers) and don't want people to complain when their order doesn't get shipped fast enough.

• Your saying that due to recent complaints the Monkey Islands Deluxe Editions are not available to purchase?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Two things to clarify my previous post.
    First of all, what I said should not be taken as the gospel as I don't work for Telltale and do not have any inside information.
    Secondly, I suggested that Telltale might have made the Deluxe Edition unavailable while they are waiting for some of the parts that make up the Deluxe Edition. I added that they might have done so to avoid more complaining from customers.
    I did not mean that the Deluxe Edition was unavailable because of past complaints (most of which were from people who only have a vague notion of what a pre-order is), but to avoid a fresh batch of complaints (from people who might not have a notion of what "backordered" means).
    While I'm probably wrong (after all, nowhere in the store does the word "backordered" appear at this time in relation to the Deluxe Edition), I still think that the situation is temporary (mostly due to the fact that the words "permanently out of stock" - or something like it - do not appear anywhere in the store either, at least in regards to the Deluxe Edition).
    Sorry if my previous post might have led people to think that I know more than I actually do! ;)
    In reality, I know very little...

• But why has Telltale not said anything about this? That is what I have been waiting for, and now I might not get any DVD at all. In which case I would be more than a little dissapointed as I was given the option for a deluxe edition in the webshop the last week and it never worked.

That in itself really disappoints me :( I was really looking forward to it when I saw there was a deluxe edition.

• @Macfly77 said: I'm pretty sure the Deluxe Edition is not limited (I've certainly never read anything about it being limited either).
    However, it's possible that Telltale has temporarily removed the possibility to order it because they're waiting for parts (treasure chests, pieces of eight, tarot cards, maps, coasters, Steve Purcell slipcovers) and don't want people to complain when their order doesn't get shipped fast enough.

That might be it, but I'm still disppointed since I prepurchased the whole season as download and that entitles me to big discount even on the Deluxe edition, but if I want the discount, I have to use it today, since the offer expires today :-(

Yeah, I guess I could keep waiting while mailing Telltale and hope that they will grant extension on the discount, since the mail they sent me has a link for the Deluxe edition, but as everybody knows, nothing really happens when clicking that link.

• Same thing for me, and they only gave a 3 weeks window to even let us know there was a Deluxe Edition with a discount. Or less, I am not sure.

I guess the next time a season I want is released, I better wait for the whole thing to be done, otherwise it probably will not pay off preordering it. It will just be more expensive, than those getting it when its on sale.

Add Comment