User Avatar Image

How to remove that annoying film grain?

posted by Wootman on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I hate film grain in any game since I have bad eyesight so it makes certain things look dark unless I look close.

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If you have the PC version, you can turn it off by going all the way down to graphics level 1. If you have the PS3 version or want a higher graphics level, you will, unfortunately, have to deal with it. Sorry!

• If you can't get rid of it, better turn up the gamma a bit.

• @Power46 said: If you have the PC version, you can turn it off by going all the way down to graphics level 1.

Doesn't work.

Is it just me, or did the film grain actually get worse for Beyond the Alley of the Dolls after we started complaining about it after The Penal Zone came out?

• @GuruGuru214 said: Doesn't work.

Is it just me, or did the film grain actually get worse for Beyond the Alley of the Dolls after we started complaining about it after The Penal Zone came out?

Weird. It did work before.

And now that you mention it, it did get worse. Weird. At least I am not one to look for games based on their looks, so I rarely notice.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Doesn't work.

It's actually just deeper, but I think it's fine if you actually understand what it's really for. And the film grain actually enhances the realness of the graphics.

• The film grain has a purpose.

At the end of 305 we're going to find out that it was all just a movie.

*sinks into fantasies of bad season endings*

• @NeatNit said: The film grain has a purpose.

At the end of 305 we're going to find out that it was all just a movie.

*sinks into fantasies of bad season endings*

Eh, I don't think it's a movie for movies, I think it's a tale for people who live beyond the human comprehension. After all, the main homepage for the "Devil's Playhouse" is a movie theater that belongs, and leads to an interdimensional(?) world.

• I get what they were going for with the film grain, I just feel that it came off more as annoying than anything else, which pretty much undermined the original purpose of it.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I get what they were going for with the film grain, I just feel that it came off more as annoying than anything else, which pretty much undermined the original purpose of it.

Depending on the people of course.

Focusing us in the problem at hand, since we cannot eliminate the grain effect, any idea to make the graphics more clear to our friend here?

• If I were to guess, the B-movie Horror Genre is much Film-Grainier then 70s Action Movies, so it added more. Thus why Sammun-Mak had next to no grain, and Max's Brain had slight grain.

Add Comment