User Avatar Image

Sam and max season 1 and 2 for Ps3???

posted by Gogeta504 on - last edited - Viewed by 293 users

will they make season 1 and 2 for PS3 ??? it worked really well with devils playhouse why not port season 1 and 2 on PS3 ??? or PSN :cool:

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As long as the PS3 version of The Devil's Playhouse sells well enough, I'm sure Telltale will get around to porting the first two seasons over, likely with the 360 control scheme (though I'd hope for an updated one, I tend to doubt it will happen). Probably not until not until the season is over and probably not until the mac version of both is out.

  • i think it might not happen until sometime in mid 2011, when they have comparatively less work to do on new games

  • @The Highway said: i think it might not happen until sometime in mid 2011, when they have comparatively less work to do on new games



    That's assuming they don't have other, unannounced projects in the pipeline.

  • I think you're forgetting two big announcements here, of which I'm sure will take up a lot of their time until then.

  • @DaVince said: I think you're forgetting two big announcements here, of which I'm sure will take up a lot of their time until then.



    I meant unannounced projects in addition to finishing off Sam & Max Season 3, the two Universal games, and whatever they have planned for Puzzle Agent.

  • It does seem as though they have a small team (of perhaps as little as one) working on ports most of the time. Mac version came out during the production of S3, correct?

  • @Avel said: It does seem as though they have a small team (of perhaps as little as one) working on ports most of the time. Mac version came out during the production of S3, correct?



    yes thats correct :rolleyes: and if they ported the mac version then why not PS3 ver then ??

  • They will port both seasons when they have the time to do so. :)

  • Releasing Season 3 on PS3 was pretty odd in the first place. The only reason I can think of is that its easier to develop simultaneously for PC and PS3 rather than having to develop Season 3 for PC AND port Season 1 for PS3, at the same time. It would be really really odd not to later release the first two, unless sales were REALLY bad.

    That said why no announcement of Season 3 for 360? I will be really really pissed if it doesn't come shortly after the final chapter is released. I mean why build a fan base on 360 then crap on us? I bought Season 1 and 2 as soon as they came out on 360 as I do not PC game any more. While I do own a PS3 I wont be buying it on there, I want to keep them all on one system, a system I have a warranty on if it breaks.

    Sure we got Wallace & Gromit but its just not as much fun and its more expensive. I bought episode 1 and 2, but got bored on 2 as it just doesn't hold itself up against the likes of Monkey Island and Sam & Max to me.

  • @Alex Atkin UK said: Releasing Season 3 on PS3 was pretty odd in the first place. The only reason I can think of is that its easier to develop simultaneously for PC and PS3 rather than having to develop Season 3 for PC AND port Season 1 for PS3, at the same time.



    Actually, it's because Sony has a system in place on the PS3, a Subscription system. PS3 Users can subscribe to content for a set fee for an extended period of time, e.g. FirstPlay, PlayStation Plus, etc.

    Now, if you look at how TellTale operates on the PC sales, users pay for the WHOLE Season in advance, then get the episodes to download when they come out. The PlayStation 3 Subscription service allowed them to do this on the console, PS3 users can by a Full Season Pass even before the First Episode was out, and when the episodes are eventually released to download, they appear as "Free" for people who have the Season Pass.

    To sum it up, the PS3 Network allows them to charge and manage things as they do with their own PC market. That and of course getting the engine on another console.

Add Comment