User Avatar Image

Would you buy the Deluxe Edition of Tales of Monkey Island if it was back in stock?

posted by Macfly77 on - last edited - Viewed by 313 users

The Deluxe Edition has now been unavailable in the Store for over a week.
According to another forumer, Telltale said:
"We've had some trouble with the Deluxe Edition so we had to take it down from the site. It's out of stock and it's not certain when or if it will return."
It's my contention that Telltale would make it available again (if only for a limited period of time) if they saw that there is still an interest for it (I believe that making the extra parts for the Deluxe Edition takes time and costs money, and that Telltale would need a certain amount of potential Deluxe Edition customers for it to be profitable, especially as they probably have to share the profits with LucasArts).
So, here's a friendly poll to help them gauge that interest.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

The first 9 votes are in and they're all "No" in one way or another.
    Doesn't sound promising...
    Where are all those people who complained on the forums that they were unable to buy the Deluxe Edition?
    I did not vote but I already own the Deluxe Edition and bought a standard edition for my brother (who's not as die hard as I am as far as Monkey Island fandom goes), so that would be it for me.
    Maybe I should have added poll options for giving the game as a gift like "Got the Deluxe/standard Edition but would have liked to be able to buy one for a friend.", "Got no interest in the Deluxe Edition for me but would buy one for someone else." or "Who has money for gifts in this economy?"...

• "Got the Deluxe/standard Edition but would have liked to be able to buy one for a friend.", "Got no interest in the Deluxe Edition for me but would buy one for someone else."

Doesn't "I already bought it, but I wouldn't say no to a second copy" basically works for this situation to?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Farlander said: Doesn't "I already bought it, but I wouldn't say no to a second copy" basically works for this situation to?

Why, yes, I guess it does!
    It also works for people who buy a copy to open up and play and another one to keep under glass and look at (you know who you are ;))!

Poll update: 1 "Yes"; 19 "Not yes"

• Interesting, didn't know it was unavailable now. I wonder if it's because it cost more to make than they were selling it for.

So glad I ordered mine straight away, I bloody love it.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound smug. I hope everyone who wants one manages to get one eventually.

• Oh, btw, Macfly, maybe you just created the thread in a wrong forum. Maybe you should make it, like, in the forum where people are actually COMPLAINING (is it the support forum or something?)

You see, on this ToMI general forum mostly lurk fans. Big fans, small fans, just fans, or a few people who are fond of ToMI and sometimes check in... My point being... OF COURSE THEY HAVE THE DELUXE EDITION BOUGHT. :p Heck, maybe bought two or three times already. I mean, people here probably pre-ordered the thing (Deluxe or Standard, whatnot) as soon as they were able to pre-order it.

Maybe those who want to buy the Deluxe version don't know this poll exists, to make a difference. So, I would propose either to create the thread in another forum, or give a link here.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Good call.
    My problem is that I lurk in 5 different Telltale forums on a daily basis, so I was probably a little short-sighted.
    On my way to post some links in other forums right now.

• @Farlander said:
    You see, on this ToMI general forum mostly lurk fans. Big fans, small fans, just fans, or a few people who are fond of ToMI and sometimes check in... My point being... OF COURSE THEY HAVE THE DELUXE EDITION BOUGHT. :p

So, you are implying that anyone who doesn't have it isn't a fan. This assumption is, to put it bluntly, highly illogical.
    But anyway yes, this should be in the support forum for the shop, I already explained to Mac why.
    If a moderator see this, please move it to the shop and activation support forum.

On topic, I voted yes. I already explained why I didn't bought it in the shop support forum, and since the chances to have it from TT seems so little now, I might prepare myself to buy it from other sources (if any user has one that want to sell I'm here, but don't even think to overdo with the price). Apparently the staff couldn't advertise us that it was limited/was soon to be sold-out, maybe the aliens threatened them of burning their hamsters if they let slip out even the tiniest hint about this, I don't know. But this sure annoys me to no end.

• @Macfly77 said: Poll update: 1 "Yes"; 19 "Not yes"

That Yes vote is me. I like duplicates. :)

• @Voodoo Lord" said: So, you are implying that anyone who doesn't have it isn't a fan. This assumption is, to put it bluntly, highly illogical.

ROFL. :D
    I love it when people totally misunderstand a post and then try to prove that someone is wrong, or, in this case, illogical. This is even more funny when they're not questioning something, but affirming their total rightness. Seriously, read my post AGAIN.

HOW THE HELL did you get the assumption that I've called anyone who doesn't have a Deluxe Edition isn't a fan? No, seriously? Where is YOUR logic?

If anything, I'm more insulting the active ToMI-forum goers (who already have the edition) by implying that they have no life :p That would be more logical for somebody to accuse me for.

• I recently ordered my DVD, but only because I would not be able to get it otherwise, for free anyway as part of me preordering ToMI before any episodes got released. But since I was on vacation for 3 weeks, it seems I did not get the option of getting the deluxe edition. Frankly since I am already done with the game, I am not even sure I see getting the not deluxe DVD as worth it. I have to pay $11 and probably wait 3 weeks to get something that I cant do much else with other than put it on the shelf after looking at its cover.

Sounds to me like they did not get enough of those Deluxe Editions, when there only is a 3 week window to get them or something like that. At least I did not get the email about it before I was away. It is rather bad planning from them. Did I know I would get the Deluxe Box 6 months ago? Most likely yes, but the announcement of the Deluxe one just was not there as far as I have noticed.

Add Comment