User Avatar Image

MUUUUMMMM!!! I'm BORED!!

posted by Sacharissa on - last edited - Viewed by 4.0K users

Well, I am. Played everything that Telltale has to offer. Played Situation: Comedy last night (verdict: FAR too easy and FAR too short. Took me just 90 minutes - and that includes 20 minutes or so spent shooting at the rats. I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable; it was, very much so, but it was TOO SHORT!!.

Finished Ankh some days ago (verdict: some puzzles rather obscure. And how did a man, who sounded so obviously British come to have an American-sounding son...? Incidentally, were any of the design teams Brits? I ask because the topic of discussion at the Arabian embassy was so obviously football (even called it that, not soccer) and the slave's accent was spot-on.)

Played Bone, can't finish Samorost because of a glitch (I posted about that here, but never received any replies) and I just can't get into Al Emmo (Larry Laffer meets Freddy Pharkas just isn't doing it for me, I'm afraid...).

CSI took me 5 very enjoyable evenings (and thanks to Em who sent me a replacement, most games companies would just have told me "Tough cheese!")

My gaming rig isn't up to much (Shuttle box with an Athlon 2800+ CPU, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD and a 256MB X800 card) but I'm not a Windoze person, I'm a Macite. I have a (now defunct 2G5 2.7GHz and a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz MacBook Pro). I'm trying to pluck up the courage to ask my grandfather if he will (part) fund the purchase of a 3GHz Core 2 Duo MacPro, so that I can dual boot OS X with Windoze. I could install Windoze on here, but the HDD really isn't big enough to justify it (160GB).

Of course, I look forward to the day when Telltale ports its games to the MacOS (not that I'm dropping hints or anything...:D )

So I need entertainment. There's nothing on the telly (is there ever? I don't see the point of satellite - or cable, for that matter. Sky now offers nearly 500 channels here in the UK, but most are pointless. I watch BBC3 and BBC4 occasionally, but even those less and less. And even Radio 4's gone downhill of late...)

So, what's a gal to do...?

Sarah

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment