User Avatar Image

Little known adventure games

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 867 users

What are your favourite little-known adventure games? Ones that never sold well, or few people have heard of? I remember one i played as a kid, which was probably my first adventure game. It was called "Pink Pankther: Hokus Pokus Pink". It was awesome. You visited different countries and continents searching for parts for a potion. It was fully voiced, and was one of the first games i know of that had an in-built, indepth walkthrough And, it was semi-educational! Often with songs! If you see it, it's well worth picking up. In fact, i'm gonna replay it!
2009
^Mt. Olympus^

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pendulo Studios' first game "Hollywood Monsters" is kind of nifty, but it's entirely in Spanish.

  • Im not exactly sure if this is one but is hotel dusk well known?

  • @Sailorcuteness said: Im not exactly sure if this is one but is hotel dusk well known?

    I think quite a few DS gamers know of it, but never bought it. It was a fantastic game though, and one of my favourite DS games. It's just a shame the sequel had to get canned because the developer went bust.

    @ShodanFreeman: Does it have English subtitles at all?

  • Thomas & Tim. I guarantee nobody has heard of it. Whenever I google it I get things like "Tim Thomas, CEO of Company McBusiness" and stuff. After rigorous searching, I found out that it's based on a Dutch (I think) cartoon called Thomas og Tim. Anybody familiar with that? The game I played was voiced by British actors in English, but I guess it was probably translated from Dutch too.

  • Bone 2 - The great cow race.

    Really, give it a try!

  • @taumel said: Bone 2 - The great cow race.

    Really, give it a try!

    Haha, you're funny...

  • @Friar said: I think quite a few DS gamers know of it, but never bought it. It was a fantastic game though, and one of my favourite DS games. It's just a shame the sequel had to get canned because the developer went bust.

    Didn't get canned. It was out in Japan before they even went bust and is due to come out in Europe on the 17th of september. There's no announcement of a US release same as with the Wii sequel to Another Code (Trace Memory in the US), another of Cing's franchises. Poor Cing... If you can, import both.

  • Gah, Ninja'd again! But yeah, import them if you can. You may have a problem region-wise with the Wii one, so do a little research before investing, but the DS is region-free, so at least that one's not a problem.

    As for the original topic... Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment. It's by Yahtzee, but is inevitably overshadowed by his immensely better known Chzo Mythos series. It's also a slightly odd mix of classic adventure gaming, platforming and space sim. But it has adventure game sections, so I'm counting it. Also, it's brilliant. Go give it a try.

    On a similar subject, give his other games a try. Anything above the Rob Blanc trilogy in that list is generally pretty awesome, though the bottom two games aren't particularly amazing. But then, most people's first games aren't, really.

  • @Friar said: @ShodanFreeman: Does it have English subtitles at all?

    Not to my knowledge, but if you had a basic Spanish class at some point, and access to a Spanish dictionary, you can fumble your way through it. :p

  • @Sir Primalform Magnifico said: Didn't get canned. It was out in Japan before they even went bust and is due to come out in Europe on the 17th of september. There's no announcement of a US release same as with the Wii sequel to Another Code (Trace Memory in the US), another of Cing's franchises. Poor Cing... If you can, import both.


    I live in the UK, so i'll have to pick that up. I used to be really hot on releases...

    And I have Another code R, fantastic game. Vastly superior to the original (if only because it's much longer)

Add Comment