User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Hit the Road - REMAKE?

posted by Jshadow on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Now, we all remember that these past 2 years, Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revange, the 2 great Lucas Arts classics were remade in new and improved graphics, better music and voice acting.
Now that that's been settled, can we expect the same happening to the pride and joy of the world of our k9 cop and his rabitty-thing companion, that's is Hit the Road? quite honestly it's a pretty big candidate, especially considering that Devil's Playhouse is comming to an end and Telltale will have to think of something, until they decide to make the next Sam and Max season.

what do you guys think?

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, Lucasarts doesn't own the rights to Sam and Max and Telltale doesn't own the rights to Hit the Road, it's unlikely they would collaborate. Besides, why do you want a remake? The game already has great voice acting and graphics. A re-release would be a better option in my opinion.

• @Blooglspash said: Besides, why do you want a remake? The game already has great voice acting and graphics. A re-release would be a better option in my opinion.

Yea, I agree. Thats like Lucasarts making Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition... It dosen't need it.

• I'm skeptical, since Hit the Road was already technically superior to SoMI and MI2:LR, to the point it already had its own voice acting.

Also there is that fact that Monkey Island is going with an ongoing story and every title adds something to it, whereas all Sam and Max titles have different "cases" in each game without any big "turn of events". All Sam and Max titles are, in the end, closed boxes by theirselves. How this would affect the appeal or the sale of it is that, Telltale topped Hit the Road. Hit the Road is not really that fun and revolutionary compared to Telltale series. It would just reside in The Devil's Playhouse's shadow, and wouldn't be able to get much sales in my opinion.

• @SlasherMan said: Yea, I agree. Thats like Lucasarts making Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition... It dosen't need it.

it's just that, the graphics could be improved a bit and music, since it's still the SCUMM thing involved and I think the old game wouldn't run on PC systems these days, considering the game is 20 yrs old.

• @Jshadow said: I think the old game wouldn't run on PC systems these days, considering the game is 20 yrs old.

Say that to the guys at SCUMMVM. And to the thousands of people who can still play it. And the 200X CD Re-Release.

• Would be benificial to both companies. Im not sure if they keep voice recordings, Because then you would assume they could use them at higher quality, Just like how they can suddenly make a Blueray version of BTTF.

But would be very cool. Its easy to see that LucasArts learned something from Monkey 1 remake, it was okay and it was nice, But Monkey 2 remake was far more true to the original, and was overall better, it just had a feel closer to the original, also liked the Guy Brush better. That dude in Monkey 1 remake was silly looking xD

• Of course HTR have great graphics and voice acting, but the inventory system is quite awful. I stopped playing it because it was really impractical. :(

• I don't care how good or bad it is. I'm too young to have played it and totally missed the boat on that one, and I'd love to have a remake just so I could join in and know what the big deal was.

• @Player_2 said: I don't care how good or bad it is. I'm too young to have played it and totally missed the boat on that one

I'm 17. I got mine on Amazon (or eBay, can't remember) for a few bucks. :p So you did not miss the boat.

Add Comment