User Avatar Image

Tycho's voice

posted by tredlow on - last edited - Viewed by 956 users

So... Jerry Holkins, right? Do you think he's perfect, or will he be chosen just so that all the fans don't complain?

How do you imagine Tycho's voice sound? I always imagine him sounding like Randal from Clerks.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I seem to imagine him having Guybrush's voice.

• @The Gentleman said: I seem to imagine him having Guybrush's voice.

That's how I picture Gabe!

• As far as I'm convinced, Jerry Holkins is the only person who should ever voice Tycho. If Gabe appeared in this game: Mike Krahulik, natch.

If you're a fan of PA, you've probably listened to the audio podcasts and watched the documentary series. Mike and Jerry are Gabe and Tycho. The characters are so inseparable from their creators that it would just seem off to hear someone else voicing them.

If Jerry's not interested, I certainly wouldn't object to Tycho just speaking in word balloons, a la the two PA RPGs. If anything, large floating blocks of text would give Max or the Heavy something else to riddle with bullet holes.

• @joshuadel said:
    If you're a fan of PA, you've probably listened to the audio podcasts and watched the documentary series. Mike and Jerry are Gabe and Tycho. The characters are so inseparable from their creators that it would just seem off to hear someone else voicing them.

Yeah, I've listened to their D&D podcast. They were pretty spot on.

• Who said he was getting a voiceover? He'll probably get comic blurbs appearing over his head.

• I don't know about using Jerry for this. I listened to the audio podcasts for a while, and while I had no trouble accepting their voices as the voices of the writers, I definitely still have very different voices in my mind for the characters. I always imagine Tycho's voice to be quite a bit deeper than Jerry's.

• ^ Likewise.

Considering we have yet to see Tycho's model OR hear his voice, it seems he'll be the character fans will devote the most attention to over the coming months...

• @LuigiHann said: I listened to the audio podcasts for a while, and while I had no trouble accepting their voices as the voices of the writers, I definitely still have very different voices in my mind for the characters.

Well, each reader imagines them differently. So Telltale really can't win. All they can do is use Jerry Holkins so that fans will complain less. I heard his voice too, and it's a bit different than what I imagine Tycho to sound.

• Yeah I definitely won't complain if it's Jerry, as that's the most straightforward choice, but I also won't complain if they use an actor as long as the voice reasonably fits the character's appearance and personality, and I think I'd prefer the latter myself, is all I'm sayin'

• @xbskid said: Who said he was getting a voiceover? He'll probably get comic blurbs appearing over his head.

@xbskid said: The fully voiced characters will trash-talk, display unique tells and react dynamically to the game — promising to create a new experience every time.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/09/poker-night-at-the-inventory/#more-28268

Add Comment