User Avatar Image

Tom Wilson

posted by Threepwood4Life on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

We all know Tom Wilson for playing Biff in all 3 BTTF movies plus he reprised the role for the now deceased BTTF ride and the animated series but I was wondering, do you think TellTale could pull it off and actually get him to voice Biff again?

The reason why I ask is cause of recent years, Wilson has been distancing himself from the series, he won't sign memorabilia, he doesn't like been asked questions about it, he admitted in an interview years ago he was embarrased about his role which is a real shame cause I don't understand why?

Some say its cause hes afraid of typecasting but to be honest he is been typecast in a way cause he does a lot of voiceover work and most of the characters he plays are like bully types very much like Biff, I've seen this a lot on Spongebob Squarepants when he voices an episode.

275 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Meta Ray Mek said: Honestly? I pretty much remember Tom as the good-but-paranoid/conspiracy theorist cop Matt Bluestone from 'Disney's Gargoyles'. It wasn't until recently (thanks to TV Tropes) did I find out he was Biff.

Go figure.

I'll mostly remember him as Major Todd "Maniac" Marshall from Wing Commander III and IV (Prophecy is a nightmare that never happened :p).

• @Meta Ray Mek said: Honestly? I pretty much remember Tom as the good-but-paranoid/conspiracy theorist cop Matt Bluestone from 'Disney's Gargoyles'. It wasn't until recently (thanks to TV Tropes) did I find out he was Biff.

Go figure.

@Meta Ray Mek said: I'll mostly remember him as Major Todd "Maniac" Marshall from Wing Commander III and IV (Prophecy is a nightmare that never happened :p).

I'll always remember him as Coach Fredricks from "Freaks and Geeks". Well, in addition to Biff. :)

• @Meta Ray Mek said: But now he's suddenly sour grapes because Telltale didn't contact him about being the character he's openly dissed in the game?

I don't believe for one second that he's actually bitter, or seriously dissing the game. It was a joke. He makes those from time to time, being a snarky comedian. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@doggans said: I don't believe for one second that he's actually bitter, or seriously dissing the game. It was a joke. He makes those from time to time, being a snarky comedian. ;)

For a joke, there's unfortunately the punchline missing. I could think of one, but it would be too optimistic to even think of it. ;)

• It is entirely possible that he is involved in the game but just can't say anything about it, due to a NDA and/or simply wanting to keep it a surprise.

• @Vainamoinen said: For a joke, there's unfortunately the punchline missing.

Granted, not everybody appreciates everybody else's style of humor, but I think "inferior product" is a fine punchline. It's an example of exaggeratedly-absurd egotism, like mock-bragging about how your arrival at a party makes it stop sucking.

To break down the joke more closely: The setup is "I wasn't asked to do the BTTF game." The punchline is "Clearly, they're shooting for an inferior product." Obviously, the idea that any company would have "inferior product" as their goal is ridiculous, but the word "clearly" implies that it's the only possible explanation. Acting like the most ridiculous explanation is the logical one is an old joke format, and is in fact the basis of "Strange Minds Think Alike".

But again, I've listened to a lot of Tom's standup comedy, where he does a lot of pseudo-egotistical jokes, and then I met him in person, where he proved himself to be much nicer and more generous than his comic persona, so I'm sure a familiarity with his style versus his real self helps contextualize the joke.

• I met Tom back at FX 2002 in my Area and he was an Awesome Guy! so kind and Thankful, what a difference from the Films. :D

• I believe Tom Wilson is an exceptional good guy in real life.
    You should check his 'In Usa' videos. He hangs around with local people does some CRAZY recordings involving a pet doll. lol...

• Would rather meet Tom than Lady GaGa........ At least I know Tom is a guy!

• So if they didn't get Tom's likeness in the game, how exactly are they going to do eposide 2? It is listed as Get Tannen after all.

As for that picture, ouch, just ouch, William Atherton came back to do his role for the Ghostbusters game, and we all know that that character he did was majorly dislikable, but of course, that was an entirely different franchise altogether.

Add Comment