User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island translation information

posted by Hogol on - last edited - Viewed by 188 users

The tthread on top is 1 Year old ...... where are the Game in german ? spanish ? etc.

Where are the news ..... when comes the game to europe in the european Languages ????

The Communities are waiting and waiting ...... but the news 1 Year old .

i am very angry about that its a very big big *'#** *beeep*

greetings

Hogol

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The German version of Tales will be out on the 26. of october.
    The Publisher is Daedalic ("The whispered world"). They even got Norman Matt as Guybrush (he also did Curse and Escape in German and he is great).

source (German): http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/tales-of-monkey-island-season-1/news/tales_of_monkey_island,45993,2317712.html

• No Spanish love?
    Or this is going to be La Decepción Grande?

• Sorry for double-posting.
    This is a message for seher (Telltale's localization coordinator).
    Please try as hard as you can to have a full Spanish localization!
    There's a Spanish company that uses to put a great effort to obtaing quality localizations: FX Interactive. I think they also make Italian localization/distribution. They used to be known for distributing adventure games (The Longest Journey, Morpheus, Runaway, Jack Keane, Traitor's Gate, Sherlock Holmes...), although they lately are going more towards RPG/strategy games...
    You can also contact Digital Bros (who distributed the last Runaway game, with a great dubbing work) or FriendWare (The Abbey, A Vampire Story, Ghost Pirates of Voujuu Island...)
    Please, don't disappoint us, we Spanish adventure gamers are kinda upset after the Sam&Max Season 2 fiasco.

• If ever it will be an official multilanguage translation of Telltales games alredy released, I hope you guys will provide free patches for who alredy brought those games :rolleyes:

• It would be great, but it has never been that way.
    The multilanguage release doesn't depend on Telltale, but on some international distributor.
    Now, I'll be just happy if there IS a multilanguage release, even if I have to pay for it again (just like I did with the first two sam & Max seasons)

• @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: It would be great, but it has never been that way.
    The multilanguage release doesn't depend on Telltale, but on some international distributor.
    Now, I'll be just happy if there IS a multilanguage release, even if I have to pay for it again (just like I did with the first two sam & Max seasons)

I know things are going that way :(

But I still hope that one day every gamers, worldwide, will enjoy the excitement to play this games in episodic form and in their own language, exactly the same way our American/English friends do, instead of waiting for a retail localized version that never will came up, eventually.

So I'm hoping in a native multilanguage support at the moment of the internet release of each episode, bypassing the local publishers. I mean, there are plenty of people, out there, that will translate this games gladly: how expensive could be for Telltale to hire some of them to do this officially instead of ask for the same thing at the local publisher?

All right, the local publisher usually brings the games in the stores too but, at this point, I don't mind the retail version at all. All I care is the game in itself and I can always buy the DVD version from the official Telltale store, if I want it into physical support.

• Also would like to get a downloadable version of the german version. Don't want to pay again for a game I already have (twice DL+DVD).
    Hope this will one day be possible.

Thanks.

• Wohooo... the German Version comes on 9.11. (Birthday of my son :cool: )
    AND... in a lim. Edition in EUROBOX (like the old Boxes from MI1-4) - can`t
    wait for it :eek:

euro_box_tomi.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I just thought: "He can't mean 'eurobox', he just means that it doesn't come in a standard DVD case". But, indeed, they're releasing this in the now-antique eurobox format. Weird stuff. ;)

• Spain, once again, sadly forgotten. :(

Add Comment