User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 71Ym8iz1UGL._SX385_.jpg

Finished it and got the (from what I've heard) worst possible ending. No idea what all this was about at all. But hey. There are 6 endings to this and several puzzles compleyes I have yet to play. And since I can now skip all dialogue I've already seen before (thanks for that) I'm now hunting those other endings. Maybe they'll be not quite as bad...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Shadowrun Returns 7/10

It's hard for me to judge this game fairly. I have thought about just distracting three points from the start because of the bullshit HBS and Microsoft have pulled concerning the game's distribution, but I decided against it. Shadowrun Returns is, for better or for worse, pretty much exactly what was advertised in the Kickstarter. Many things you'd expect from a modern RPG are missing for budgetary reasons, but at least HBS generally had a good instinct about what to cut and what to put in.

Controls work pretty fast, which is THE huge plus. This game was bound to live or die hinging on how fast you could issue commands. The game system isn't complex, the number of commands fairly limited. It's more or less Space Crusade with some RPG stats thrown into the mix. I can live with that. The bad part is that for a good character, you have to specialize him or her, which means that you'll spend karma to level up the same stats over and over.

NPC portraits are really well done and ooze a distinct Shadowrun vibe. The missing voiceovers, however, do leave a mark, because there is MUCH to read in this game. If you're turned off by walls of text, this game is not for you.

Many people have complained about the save system, and I agree in parts that a better solution should have been found. However, during the times the game is not buggy and kills your mission off right in the middle, it actually works reasonably well - even during the last mission, when save points indeed are about 10 minutes apart. You also don't miss looting much, but there should still have been an opportunity to collect a bit more stuff during missions.

At the time, the people with the DRM free version are pretty well off. However, HBS has decided not to issue patches to the DRM free version, but instead to just update the main file. That means every time they DO patch their game, backers will have to re-download the entire file (800MB) from their account. Ah, what the heck, it's their bandwidth as well... :o

I'm curious as to the user generated content. We'll see how well characters can be transferred to those new missions as well.

• @Vainamoinen said: I'm curious as to the user generated content. We'll see how well characters can be transferred to those new missions as well.

have they found a solution to provide this content for the DRM free version by now?

• User Avatar Image
    Cany0udance BANNED

I don't remember the last game I beat, but here are some good ones.

LIMBO: 8.5/10

This is the best puzzle game I have ever played in my life. The only downside is that the story was hard to understand, and I was sad when it ended (because I wanted more puzzles). A must play puzzle game.

Skyrim: 9/10

There is so much to do, and a lot of character modification. Must play.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: 6/10

Same as the other CoD's, except the campaign was improved. Also, they f*cked up zombies.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: have they found a solution to provide this content for the DRM free version by now?

There was never a real problem, actually. What is needed is just the creators' willingness to upload their expansion packs to other places than Steam, and the users' willing ness to put these packs to the proper folders. At least that's what their wiki says. :rolleyes:

• Sound Shapes
    9/10
    It was awesome, I loved the music the simple graphics and the basic controls. It's like Rhythm Heaven had a platformer baby

• Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - 8.5/10

A solid GTA3 clone, and better than GTA4. I spent a lot of time doing secondary missions/activities which is a decent barometer of how fun a game is. When a game isn't great I just rush through the story and want to be done with it.

@Vainamoinen said: Shadowrun Returns 7/10

How are the homages to the SNES game?

• @JuntMonkey said: When a game isn't great I just rush through the story and want to be done with it.

I never finish the story mode of one of these games. I just run around, collect stuff, listen to music and do dumb crap. The story is only in my way of enjoying it all by locking down parts of the world (in GTA). So you are the second person I've ever encountered that plays these games for the story mode. :eek:

Add Comment