User Avatar Image

I just bought the Earth

posted by apenpaap on - last edited - Viewed by 730 users

The world map

Some guy with a big hat and a plaid jacket sold me the planet Earth for a couple pieces o' eight a couple days back. I only now realise I have no idea what to do with the thing, so I've decided to give it all away. Not all to one person of course, there'd be no fun in that. Instead, I will give away parts of it to different people and watch them rule their country as they see fit and warring between them and stuff.
So in this thread you can ask for a region of the world.
You cannot rule more than 50 million people so some countries will have to be broken up and some will be joined together. The largest cities can be city-states.
Tell me how you will rule your 'kingdom' (empires welcome too), how you will develop it and how you will treat your peasants and stuff You can rename your countries if you like.
You cannot request the Caribbean, however. I'm keeping that for myself.
EDIT: It is recommended, especially if you want a region that is in high demand (Like New York or Britain), that you give me good reasons to give it to you (Think 50 metre high statues of me).
EDIT2: I got Mr. Winslow to make me a map of the world as it is now. Please check the map before trying to claim a country, because it may already be claimed by someone else.

139 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can I rule Japan or Britain?

• SCANDINAVIA: LAND OF DELIGHT*
    Population: About 16m
    Current status: 5 seperate countries, and those that aren't from Finland tend to make jokes about how the Finns are disordered, foul smelling, and don't use sat nav.

Significant Miscellaneous Activities
    [LIST]
    [*]Government base to be placed underneath one of Iceland's inactive volcanoes. That looks so cool when evil bases are underneath volcanoes. But vigorous research to be done first because I don't want to be doing my works and find out that my base is spewing ash everywhere.
    [*]All countries to be remerged into "cape wow". If members of Denmark complain about how they're now seen as equal to Finland, then Finland may need to be renamed "cape wow lite"
    [*]All telltale employees/fans to have full access to all of cape wow's glorious amenities.
    [/LIST]Social benefits
    [LIST]
    [*]People in Scandanavia are already generally well off. Two countries have labelled internet access a human right, and they didn't need to do anything because everyone already had internet access pretty much. I'll find more cheap tricks like this to pull off and make every other country jealous of us.
    [/LIST]Liberties
    [LIST]
    [*]Pretty much total. My job is mostly to make sure nobody challenges my job. Everything that does not physically prevent another's will or damage another's property is legal. Yeah... That thing scandinavians do with the chickens and the whipped cream? Even that.
    [/LIST]More policies to come...

• I demand the ocean. My argument for allowing me to have it is that while it does cover most of the Earth, I would be ruling over no-one. People are of course free to travel across it and fish, but anyone caught polluting or anything like that will be taken care of by my new highly trained team of sharks and killer whales. That'll teach 'em.

• @Remolay said: Can I rule Japan or Britain?

Japan has a lot more people than I will allow you to rule. Pick a region. Britain is only slightly over 50 million, but I think the place could be in pretty high demand, so pick Scotland, England, or Wales.

@Remolay said: Bagsy scandinavia, will develop my ideas in edits

That's no way to talk to the ruler of the world. I'd refuse your request, except you're requesting Scandinavia. I could use someone with your attitude in charge of the former Vikings. Speaking of which, Scandinavia has been lacking in the "sailing to distant shores and plundering them" department the past millenium. I sure hope your ideas will include pillaging.

EDIT:
    @Remolay said: SCANDINAVIA: LAND OF DELIGHT*
    Population: About 16m
    Current status: 5 seperate countries, and those that aren't from Finland tend to make jokes about how the Finns are disordered, foul smelling, and don't use sat nav.
    Significant Miscellaneous Activities
    Government base to be placed underneath one of Iceland's inactive volcanoes. That looks so cool when evil bases are underneath volcanoes. But vigorous research to be done first because I don't want to be doing my works and find out that my base is spewing ash everywhere.
    All countries to be remerged into "cape wow". If members of Denmark complain about how they're now seen as equal to Finland, then Finland may need to be renamed "cape wow lite"
    All telltale employees/fans to have full access to all of cape wow's glorious amenities.
    Social benefits
    People in Scandanavia are already generally well off. Two countries have labelled internet access a human right, and they didn't need to do anything because everyone already had internet access pretty much. I'll find more cheap tricks like this to pull off and make every other country jealous of us.
    Liberties
    Pretty much total. My job is mostly to make sure nobody challenges my job. Everything that does not physically prevent another's will or damage another's property is legal. Yeah... That thing scandinavians do with the chickens and the whipped cream? Even that.
    More policies to come...
    I like it. When Winslow drew up the current version of the world map, he forgot Iceland and Denmark are parts of Scandinavia too, but he'll remedy it in a future version of the map. Secret government base in one of Iceland's volcanoes is a great idea. Just don't forget I want to see Longboats show up on Europe's shores again.

@Remolay said: I demand the ocean. My argument for allowing me to have it is that while it does cover most of the Earth, I would be ruling over no-one. People are of course free to travel across it and fish, but anyone caught polluting or anything like that will be taken care of by my new highly trained team of sharks and killer whales. That'll teach 'em.

I'm not giving you the oceans. While they stay under the population limit, it would mess up my map. You can get a package deal of a couple of seas, though, if you want water.

• @apenpaap said: Japan has a lot more people than I will allow you to rule. Pick a region.

Johto.
    Now, in all seriousness, I can't think of one for Japan, so Scotland.

• Coruscant. No, wait, Gallifrey. No, wait... FRANCE!

• @Remolay said: Johto.

Very well, Scotland is yours.

• @Remolay said: Johto.

Johto is based on Kansai. And Kanto is based on Kanto.

• I think I'll take the Pacific Northwest region. I love this place too much. More to come.

• Uhh, I'll have Tokyo.

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen on this forum.

Add Comment