User Avatar Image

It's not the same... (Spoilers)

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 236 users

I just finished 305, and despite the supposed return to status-quo, I still feel that it's not the same, that's not OUR max, it's just a replacement, the real max, the one we've loved for 3 seasons, is dead... which leaves a tiny hole in my soul...

Anyone else feel this way? or are you all just glad there's a replacement max so the series will go one as if our max was still alive?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Monster Max and Monster Sam are in hell wrecking up ****. I'm fine with this.

• @Sir Pantalones said: Monster Max and Monster Sam are in hell wrecking up ****. I'm fine with this.

I'm imagining their personal hell is some kind of brutal fight to the death.

• @Ashton said: I just finished 305, and despite the supposed return to status-quo, I still feel that it's not the same, that's not OUR max, it's just a replacement, the real max, the one we've loved for 3 seasons, is dead... which leaves a tiny hole in my soul...

Anyone else feel this way? or are you all just glad there's a replacement max so the series will go one as if our max was still alive?

You are mistaken, this is the Max from season 1 and the start of season 2.

• Yeah it's Max from episode 204, and considering Max doesn't remember a lot according to Sam, it's even better than a clone.

• @Ashton said: I just finished 305, and despite the supposed return to status-quo, I still feel that it's not the same, that's not OUR max, it's just a replacement, the real max, the one we've loved for 3 seasons, is dead... which leaves a tiny hole in my soul...

It's still Max. Better a different max than no Max.

• @Hatley said: 36732

I would have rather had that model of Max at the end of 304, I'm sure you know which one and not Demon Max or Psychicly Amped up Max.

• @splash1 said: I would have rather had that model of Max at the end of 304, I'm sure you know which one and not Demon Max or Psychicly Amped up Max.

Ummm......half-demon Max? When he's got the colour scheme of Maxzilla but his normal size?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Hatley said: Ummm......half-demon Max? When he's got the colour scheme of Maxzilla but his normal size?

He looked kinda like Stitch then. He was so cute I wanted to cuddle him! For reals.

• @Sir Pantalones said: Monster Max and Monster Sam are in hell wrecking up ****. I'm fine with this.

I think you missed the point here... Thou on that note, I think your confusing (monster) S+M's heaven and their hell ;)

@Sir Pantalones said: Yeah it's Max from episode 204, and considering Max doesn't remember a lot according to Sam, it's even better than a clone.

So basically Max just forgot about Season 3... (at least OUR season 3, his seemed kinda... similar-but-different... would be a fun extra if TTG showed us a glimpse of his S3...) I find that explanation a little more comforting, but it doesn't negate the fact that our max was blown to hell by Superball (But at least he took Stinky and Skun'ka'pe with him! what a noble little guy, I'm as shocked as the narrator was, happy, but shocked)

@Sir Pantalones said: 36732

Being a different max doesn't mean we (I) wont learn to love him just as much as the original or stop buying the series... (though I think TTG could have pulled it off a little better by giving sam a *hint* that max was alive and S4 could have been spent saving him...)

No max would have meant the end of the S+M franchise (and until the last moment I actually was worried it was going to end like that) I was a little suspicious TTG would end it with just sam and make 401 "Sam and Max" only revealing at the end that Max was somehow alive. ...Of course I dont think TTG is that cruel and heartless...

@Sir Pantalones said: Ummm......half-demon Max? When he's got the colour scheme of Maxzilla but his normal size?

@Sir Pantalones said: He looked kinda like Stitch then. He was so cute I wanted to cuddle him! For reals.

I actually kinda expected that to happen and the last half of 305 to be trying to return him to his pure-rabbit form...

• Chuck stated Max has a hive mind and knows the presence of all Maxes. So this Max knows the memory of old Max in a way(he also said all the wierd pictures you see while playing as Max is him remembering adventures of the other Maxes)

Add Comment