User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Season 3 deal on PSN

posted by xbskid on - last edited - Viewed by 159 users

Not sure how many of these emails went out, but I just found a promo in my inbox running till the 31st where if you buy season 3 on PSN, they throw in a copy of Braid.

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's... just weird. What on earth do the two games have in common?

• @RingmasterJ5 said: That's... just weird. What on earth do the two games have in common?

They're both puzzle games... I guess. ...sorta?

• I... dont get it either... why Braid?

Besides, imo, buying S3 from TTG is better since you get the DVD _and_ you can feel good knowing 100% of the proceeds go to the company, instead of Sony taking a cut.

• @Ashton said: I... dont get it either... why Braid?

Besides, imo, buying S3 from TTG is better since you get the DVD _and_ you can feel good knowing 100% of the proceeds go to the company, instead of Sony taking a cut.

Now I feel all guilty. I didn't even think about that. I was just cruising on the PSN one day when: HOLY SH** Sam&Max S3!?!?!? Must...get...it....*strains*

Seriously though, I really wanted to play before classes resumed. Was buying it for the PS3 from TTG always an option? I want that DVD so badly.

• @Ashton said: Besides, imo, buying S3 from TTG is better since you get the DVD _and_ you can feel good knowing 100% of the proceeds go to the company, instead of Sony taking a cut.

On the other hand, from the customer perspective, Braid is definitely worth a lot more than the DVD. Especially if you happen to live overseas where shipping is almost as much as the current price of Season 3.

• @Pantagruel's Friend said: On the other hand, from the customer perspective, Braid is definitely worth a lot more than the DVD. Especially if you happen to live overseas where shipping is almost as much as the current price of Season 3.

you have a point about shipping. Not played Braid (but you got me interested enough to look it up and it does look good) so I cant comment directly on the value.

• @Gohaku said: Was buying it for the PS3 from TTG always an option? I want that DVD so badly.

No, you can't do that. TTG only directly sells the PC version, and the PC version is the only one that comes with the DVD.

• @DrRocketGenius said: No, you can't do that. TTG only directly sells the PC version, and the PC version is the only one that comes with the DVD.

Darn it. Oh well; Christmas list;)

• @Ashton said: you have a point about shipping. Not played Braid (but you got me interested enough to look it up and it does look good) so I cant comment directly on the value.

Braid is one of the very few games in the past 5 years that invented something new. Anyone who has a chance to try it, do yourself a huge favour and do so!

Add Comment