User Avatar Image

Are you a poor student?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

I mean I get by, and I'm not the worse but when it comes to certain classes I just don't pass them and focus on my other classes...

I know that isn't the right thing to do but I'm not really the best student. Like Spanish, I'm just sort of attending the classes I don't think I'm going to pass.

I'm really kind of being lazy and immature, irresponsible. I'm just not really a very good student.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @doodo! said: I know that isn't the right thing to do but I'm not really the best student. Like Spanish, I'm just sort of attending the classes I don't think I'm going to pass.

Hey! There's a ton of Spanish speaking people here in the forums, starting from me! You should ask for help!

• Oh, I thought you meant poor as in no money. Probably due to eating breakfast ramen in my dorm room while fussing over a few matters of about $10 each when I read it.

• I am a poor student of life

• I'm surprisingly a student with high grades, despite the fact I'm about as dedicated as a member of the Delta Tau Chi fraternity. I've had almost two years since graduation to study for college and outside of taking my GED I've spent about two weeks on it. Crap.

• Well, I don't study much and yet I still somehow manage to pass with good grades. Most of the time. Only exception is literature or anything where the most points come from an essay, my inmense hatred for essays did not come out of nowhere after all.

• @Rather Dashing said: Oh, I thought you meant poor as in no money. Probably due to eating breakfast ramen in my dorm room while fussing over a few matters of about $10 each when I read it.

This is what came to my mind too.

As for my grades... yeah, I suck. I have a major problem with Procrastination and ADD, so when I finally DO start on an assignment, I'm constantly wandering off from it for various reasons. I also have a very hard time studying things I don't find interesting (though I think some of this is a problem everyone has) as well as a miserably hard time with dates in history/lit/etc)

• Despite all my complaining, I do end up doing fairly well in school, usually A's, but since university a few B's have crept in. It's hard though, since I have a very short attention span and like to do things like watch anime while doing homework or studying. This only works because I have no social life. :D

• I've started at a university recently and haven't been doing so hot in some of classes, mainly because I'm not used to the huge classes and the fact that some of my teachers like to solely rely on Power Points to teach instead of taking a pen and paper and SHOWING us how things are done.

It's a bit frustrating.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Duh, I misunderstood the question. Not "a student without much money", but "not a very good student"!

...I've had both. Started out with computer science and failed miserably, then continued with English and German and excelled. Sadly, the latter didn't bring the joy of much money in my pockets. So I'm poor, but not a student anymore. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: Duh, I misunderstood the question. Not "a student without much money", but "not a very good student"!

...I've had both. Started out with computer science and failed miserably, then continued with English and German and excelled. Sadly, the latter didn't bring the joy of much money in my pockets. So I'm poor, but not a student anymore. ;)

:p We love you, you have those riches! I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME! We're a TELLTALE GAMES FAMILY!!!

Add Comment