User Avatar Image

should telltale make another monkey island season

posted by coolguy721 on - last edited - Viewed by 425 users

they should make it 2 dimensional. 3d just doesn't suit monkey island as well. it could be the same kind of graphics as puzzle agent
anyone else agree that 2d is better?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I want a direct sequil to ToMI done exactly the same (well minus I'd like the interface from S+M S3) I dont like the 2D graphics myself and am glad they moved away from it (not to say I'm not playing and enjoying SoMI SE...)

• I sort of got used to 3D while playing TOMI, but I want a 2nd season with more detailed 3D graphics.

To answer the question in your thread's heading: Of course they should!

• Is the topic title rhetorical? Hell yes they should make another season. I don't mind the 3D of ToMI much because it hearkens back to the stylized look of CMI (which I love), but the bigger issue for me is story. I can totally play a game with crap graphics if the story is amazing, which ToMI totally had in spades. If Telltale can keep the momentum that they had going, I think we'd be in for some truly awesome high seas adventure.

• @mgrant said: Is the topic title rhetorical? Hell yes they should make another season.

My thoughts precisely. With a sequel hook ending that that? Oh hell yes.

I for one am quite fond of the 3D graphics, but that's not to say they couldn't use some work. I'd like to see something like the difference between Sam & Max seasons 1 and 2 (or even 2 to 3): One was very good, but two was even better. Graphically, and gameplay/story wise. And I'm confident Telltale can do that!

• @Ashton said: I want a direct sequil to ToMI done exactly the same (well minus I'd like the interface from S+M S3)[...]

I agree with this.

If Telltale were to make a Season Two, then it would have to be a direct follow-on to Season One - it would need to be related to the first season as though it was the second half of the story arc that began in Season One. So, with this in mind, I would like the graphics to be exactly the same as they were in Season One, except maybe with some better lighting effects (ooh, and the coin interface from CoMI!).

• Either this or SBCG4AP will get a second season. I'm hoping SBCG4AP but, This seems a wee bit more likely because of the fact that the chaps have had a very long absense.

• @mgrant said: Is the topic title rhetorical? Hell yes they should make another season. I don't mind the 3D of ToMI much because it hearkens back to the stylized look of CMI (which I love), but the bigger issue for me is story. I can totally play a game with crap graphics if the story is amazing, which ToMI totally had in spades. If Telltale can keep the momentum that they had in going, I think we'd be in for some truly awesome high seas adventure.

This. Tales totally exceeded all of my expectations, and that was down to the story, dialogue and characterizations. If they can keep that up, I don't care what engine or interface they use.

• They have to and they will make a new season, maybe not in the near future but they will. :D

• @Hayden said: I agree with this.

If Telltale were to make a Season Two, then it would have to be a direct follow-on to Season One - it would need to be related to the first season as though it was the second half of the story arc that began in Season One. So, with this in mind, I would like the graphics to be exactly the same as they were in Season One, except maybe with some better lighting effects (ooh, and the coin interface from CoMI!).

Me too.

In terms of graphics, i'm not a great fan of the visuals in ToMI as a whole but I think this was because of too much open-landscape and thus lack of detail. The screen is pretty busy in ep 3 onwards without a big change in graphics and the game looks infinitely better for it. ToMI didn't sell itself to me 100% last time, but if TTG knew where they were going and had their experiences of series 1 to help them along I think they could hit the ground running quite easily. It'd make a buck or two as well (even if it's nothing compared to Universal franchises).

Would LA grant the license? I'd guess they're more likely to now that they're unlikely to use it themselves for the next few years.

• Absolutely!

Right after the next installment of Wallace & Gromit, please. :)

-The Gneech :cool:

Add Comment