User Avatar Image

If you had to pick one past character to return, who would it be?

posted by Teeth on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

It was great having Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, the Voodoo Lady, Stan and even Murray back for Tales. But in the hypothetical Tales 2, if one extra character from Secret, Revenge, Curse or Escape could return, whom would you choose?

I chose Herman Toothrot, because he appeared in some way in all four original games, and he always makes me laugh. Getting Wally Wingert to do the voice would be important, he's made the role his own now as far as I'm concerned. ;)

As for Escape's ending and the revelations about his past, Telltale could always just gloss over it with a couple of lines like "How's being Governor of Melee Island?" "Oh, I quit. It was boring, so I let Timmy take over"

In the poll I've included every character who either appeared in more than one game, or had a major role in the game they were featured in.

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Personally I'd like to see two characters come back, Carla and Otis. I enjoyed them in SoMI and absolutely loved the fact that they came back for EfMI. Honestly, some of my favorite bits that game was your crew for the Dainty Lady. Recruiting them and everything was just really entertaining.

• Majority of Curse characters - Slappy Cromwell, Mr. Fossey and LeChimp, pirate barbers...

Characters with plenty of recurring potential could be - The Lost Welshman, Bridge Troll, Admiral Ricardo Casaba...

• Hmm. Part of me would really like Herman Toothrot to come back, since I loved him in SMI and Revenge, and part of me... doesn't. There's such a big continuity snarl surrounding him ever since Escape, and I don't know how Telltale would deal with that. On the other hand, they could work something out and it could be really awesome. Who knows?

Other than that... you know what? The cannibals. Even if it's just a cameo. I'd like to see what deity they've moved on to worshiping now.

• Well, I'm afraid that I wouldn't choose any of these characters, because the two people that I want to return the most are Winslow and Morgan.

• @Hayden said: Well, I'm afraid that I wouldn't choose any of these characters, because the two people that I want to return the most are Winslow and Morgan.

I suspect that this topic was created with the thought process that their return was a given. I mean, Winslow hasn't mutinied or anything, like Guybrush's previous crews, so he'd most likely be there come season two. Morgan....well, after that sequel hook, how could she not be there?

• @mgrant said: I suspect that this topic was created with the thought process that their return was a given. I mean, Winslow hasn't mutinied or anything, like Guybrush's previous crews, so he'd most likely be there come season two. Morgan....well, after that sequel hook, how could she not be there?

Haha, good point. I didn't think of this.

Okay, I shall re-cast my vote. I think I'll vote for Edward Van Helgen. He was a cool character, and I'd actually like to see him in action. Also, it'd be cool to see him in 3D, and he'd work perfectly with one of ToMI's character models (the one used for Guybrush, de Cava, Moose, De Singe, Crimpdigit etc.).

• I'd also have voted for Morgan or Winslow, but since they aren't there I voted for Carla. Until Tales she was my favourite secondary character, I've always liked the way she interacts with Guybrush, it's one of Escape's saving graces for me. And I'd love to see her duel with Morgan.

• No one's voted for the Men of Low Moral Fiber? Shame on you all! They're a class act! And I want to know where the heck they've been all these years! (I hope they're not still stuck on that ledge back in Woodtick!)

Largo would be pretty cool to see again, too. He's my favourite villain. Although I think he'd be more suitable with a Popeye-ish voice to be honest.

I'd also like to see Governor Phatt again. Either I'd like to see that he's dead, or that he had an epiphany and is now thin (and either way, that Phatt Island is now liberated from his oppressive reign).

• I voted for Captain Smirk. Since, he was a play on Arnie, I'm sure he's a governor by now.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Cannibals, Wally, Herman, Rasputin or the Lawyers back. Plus anyone who's ever been on Guybrish's crew.

• @Spadge said: I voted for Captain Smirk.

Yes, I'd like to see him make a return as well. That guy's cool. It'd be great to see him expanded and given a bit more of a back-story.

@Spadge said: Since, he was a play on Arnie, I'm sure he's a governor by now.

Haha, nice!

Add Comment