Menu
User Avatar Image

PS3 Exclusive Content?

posted by ATMachine on - last edited - Viewed by 375 users

I'm not going to preorder until this thorny issue is settled.

Sam and Max Season 3 (The Devil's Playhouse) was unfortunately marred for me by the exclusive content that PS3 owners got in 301 and 305, which was sadly never ported to PC, despite promises to the contrary by Telltale staff. (Surely that was a consequence of developing that season with PS3, not PC, as the primary platform in mind!)

The fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth, and soured me on preordering any future Telltale titles.

So, before I preorder BTTF (or indeed order it at all), let me ask Telltale this: Can you promise that this season won't have such exclusive content? I don't want to play any game with cool Nutrition Specs-style features that PS3 owners get to unlock, but which are denied to PC users.

Telltale, I loved your games in the past, but Sam and Max Season 3 shook my faith. I hope this issue won't come up again. But just to be safe, I won't be spending money on any game that, as a PC user, I judge to be an inferior port of a console title.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have the season on PS3 and PC. Of course, I played on PS3 mostly and finished all of them.

    What exclusive content are you referring to? Do tell please.

    Side-note: Being a bit over dramatic, no? I suppose I will hold that thought until I get clarification on the "exclusive" content.

  • @ATMachine said: Sam and Max

    And no, I don't think I'm being over-dramatic. Most people on this forum give Telltale a free pass on this sort of issue, but I won't.

    Well, I must say -- I own many of Telltale's games on PC, but once they went PS3, I haven't looked back. Playing in 1080p with surround sound on a large HD television far surpasses playing on my PC.

    I understand the sadness of seeing a company expand and cater to various markets, but that is the nature of business. I think S&M: Devil's Playhouse and ToMI are the best things the company has yet to put out. If expanding to unique markets and providing a bit of "exclusive" content will keep the titles growing in quality like this -- well, I have no problem with that.

  • @sascha23 said: Well, I must say -- I own many of Telltale's games on PC, but once they went PS3, I haven't looked back. Playing in 1080p with surround sound on a large HD television far surpasses playing on my PC.

    i play at 1920x1080 resolution, and play on a 24" screen with 2.1 sound system, exactly the same i use for my xbox 360 (and PS3 if i had one). if i cared enough about it i could buy a bigger screen and a surround system.
    what i'm saying is, playing on PS3 or PC is exactly the same, it just depends on how you have things set up

  • @sascha23 said: I understand the sadness of seeing a company expand and cater to various markets, but that is the nature of business. I think S&M: Devil's Playhouse and ToMI are the best things the company has yet to put out. If expanding to unique markets and providing a bit of "exclusive" content will keep the titles growing in quality like this -- well, I have no problem with that.


    I do have a problem with it, since I'm one of the people left out. I'm not a PS3 gamer, and I don't think it's fair to be penalized for that.

    When Sam and Max season 3 was announced, I pre-ordered for PC on opening day, at the same price as the PS3 pre-order offer. There was no warning then that the PS3 version would have exclusive content. Ultimately, I got less gaming value for my cash than the PS3 players did. I don't think that's good business.

  • It's like, 3 seconds worth of content, and they still intend on making it available for the PC version. Please stop obsessing over something so idiotic and pointless.

  • @ATMachine said: I do have a problem with it, since I'm one of the people left out. I'm not a PS3 gamer, and I don't think it's fair to be penalized for that.

    Perhaps that's why they called the first episode The "Penal" Zone??? :D

    Okay, that was bad. I do feel your pain though.

  • @Crrash said: i play at 1920x1080 resolution, and play on a 24" screen with 2.1 sound system, exactly the same i use for my xbox 360 (and PS3 if i had one). if i cared enough about it i could buy a bigger screen and a surround system.
    what i'm saying is, playing on PS3 or PC is exactly the same, it just depends on how you have things set up

    Definitely no argument from me there. Other than StarCraft 2, I generally tend to play stuff from GOG on my PC. Otherwise, it's PS3.

    Sorry to derail...

  • @SHODANFreeman said: It's like, 3 seconds worth of content, and they still intend on making it available for the PC version. Please stop obsessing over something so idiotic and pointless.


    I'm sure that it'll come out at the same time that the Earl Boen version of Narwhal is released on Telltale's website.

    (Namely, probably never.)

  • @ATMachine said: I'm sure that it'll come out at the same time that the Earl Boen version of Narwhal is released on Telltale's website.

    (Namely, probably never.)

    Duke Nukem Forever is coming out next year.

    Game, set, match. You lose.

Add Comment