User Avatar Image

Elite Beat Agents

posted by LuigiHann on - last edited - Viewed by 417 users

Elite Beat Agents: Greatest game of all time? Probably not. But best game made for the Nintendo DS so far? It gets my vote. :D

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You have heard of a little game called New Super Mario Brothers, right? Elite Beat Agents might be better, but it's rather close.

  • Best game for the DS for sure! no complaints about this game being too easy as well :p Its damn hard..and I've put plenty of hours into this one..and I got a whole lot more to go!

  • You should try the japanese original Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan which in my opinion is even better (better music!). Both versions are different enough to buy them both!

  • I played an hour or two of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and enjoyed it a lot. It was my friend's copy though, and had to give it back. Hopefully I'll eventually get around to picking up both it and Elite Beat Agents.

  • @Oilers99 said: You have heard of a little game called New Super Mario Brothers, right? Elite Beat Agents might be better, but it's rather close.


    NSMB is a great game, but the main reason EBA gets my vote is that NSMB would have worked perfectly on another system (it could almost have worked on GBA, except for the 3D sprites). EBA might not be a better game, but I'd say it is a better DS game, if that makes any sense.

    And yeah, I will probably import Ouendan eventually, once I discover a magical spring from which gold flows like water.... or a site with cheap shipping.

  • @LuigiHann said: N
    And yeah, I will probably import Ouendan eventually, once I discover a magical spring from which gold flows like water.... or a site with cheap shipping.

    cheap shipping? how does free shipping sound? -> check out www.yesasia.com

    Here's Ouendan:
    http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004028136/

  • Wow, thanks axelkothe. That's awesome.
    Now I have another delivery to look forward to.

  • @LuigiHann said: NSMB is a great game, but the main reason EBA gets my vote is that NSMB would have worked perfectly on another system (it could almost have worked on GBA, except for the 3D sprites). EBA might not be a better game, but I'd say it is a better DS game, if that makes any sense.

    And yeah, I will probably import Ouendan eventually, once I discover a magical spring from which gold flows like water.... or a site with cheap shipping.

    What does feature usage have to do with the game's quality? In the phrase " best DS game", DS is the adjective, and game is the noun. Both are games, and both are for the DS, so they both qualify equally. What separates them is which one is best. Since best is the adjective for game, the better game is the one that is more fun to play. I'm not really sure which one I'd give the title to personally, but the use of the DS's more esoteric features isn't a factor, nor should it be.

    As for what the games should have used, Mario just needs the D-pad and buttons, but why doesn't a rhythm-action game use the DS's microphone? If you're talking about missed opportunity, Elite Beat Agents is actually behind New Super Mario Brothers.

  • Eh. Not gonna argue semantics. My definition of "best game for the DS" is bound to be different from someone else's.

  • @LuigiHann said: Eh. Not gonna argue semantics. My definition of "best game for the DS" is bound to be different from someone else's.

    You just used my exact definition. The best game that happens to be for the DS. :confused:

Add Comment