User Avatar Image

THE 'Why I won't be preordering BTTF' Thread

posted by Panda90 on - last edited - Viewed by 476 users

As much as I want to play a game based on one of my favourite franchises I won't be preordering BTFF because of the way I felt a bit burned by Sam & Max season 3. I've preoredred most of what Telltale has released since Sam & Max started but during the run of season 3 I wondered why I bothered. I realise that when I buy a brand new game it is likely to be on sale for less money somewhere like steam in not too short a time. The thing that really bothered me was that Sam & Max went on sale with a massive discount before the season was even half over. As much as I want to support Telltale and love what they do, when I buy something i don't expect it to be discounted before I even have everything I paid for.

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah that does seem to happen a lot. Heck I have half of wallace and gromit for free.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm with you in at least some respects, but please keep this in the pre-order thread or at least the "I'm done preordering"-thread. You might also want to keep in mind:

[LIST]
    [*]If you don't want to pay 24.95$ for this game - which I consider a great price - no one, literally no one is forcing you to.
    [*]Games distributed mainly via internet might naturally drop in price a little faster than retail releases.
    [*]If previous after-release offers have damaged this pre-release sale, Telltale will recognize this by their sales statistics alone, so there's really no need for a formal no-order announcement (and definitly no need for one thread per non-customer). ;)
    [/LIST]

• Well, at least his time, you know a bit of your money is going directly the Micheal J Fox team. It's kinda cool right ?

• @Panda90 said: As much as I want to play a game based on one of my favourite franchises I won't be preordering BTFF because of the way I felt a bit burned by Sam & Max season 3. I've preoredred most of what Telltale has released since Sam & Max started but during the run of season 3 I wondered why I bothered. I realise that when I buy a brand new game it is likely to be on sale for less money somewhere like steam in not too short a time. The thing that really bothered me was that Sam & Max went on sale with a massive discount before the season was even half over. As much as I want to support Telltale and love what they do, when I buy something i don't expect it to be discounted before I even have everything I paid for.

I can see your point there actually, I'd never thought of it like that. I'm still glad I preordered though, the community is cool and it was nice to get the first few episodes before the discounted folk.

• [quote]I've preoredred most of what Telltale has released since Sam & Max started but during the run of season 3 I wondered why I bothered. I realise that when I buy a brand new game it is likely to be on sale for less money somewhere like steam in not too short a time. [/quote]

And this will always be the case. In stores too. What can you do about it? Wait forever for something to get cheaper and cheaper? You have to draw a line somewhere.
    And if you are a Sam and Max fan or like TellTales work I don't think 35/5 = 7 dollars an episode is much asked for.

In this case preordering BttF is 25/5 = 5 dollars a chapter. I don't feel cheated out at all and will not if it get discounted. I am willing to pay 5 dollars for games of a franchise I love.

• god, i hate those "i wont preorder/buy because"-threads.

i wont buy it, because i want to play it on my xbox (although i might have a good pc and/or a ps3)
    i wont buy it, because it has no foreign subtitles
    i wont buy it, because im sure it gets cheaper in no time
    i wont buy it, because im a scrooge
    i wont buy it, because i dont wanna buy it
    i wont buy it, because i wanna be in contrast to the majority. i wanna be special.

• Don't forget "I won't buy it 'cause it doesn't have a TF2 item!"

I'm actually not buying it because I can't afford it yet. But I'm interested in the game and plan to do so in the future. The guy they got to do Marty sounds amazing.

• How about if you won't buy it, keep your goddamn mouth shut? :p After all, I'm not likely to go and buy women's hygiene products but I don't go to their product websites and tell them I'm not doing it...

• @Foxhack said: Don't forget "I won't buy it 'cause it doesn't have a TF2 item!"

I'm actually not buying it because I can't afford it yet. But I'm interested in the game and plan to do so in the future. The guy they got to do Marty sounds amazing.

Really? I pre-ordered for just incase of TF2 items. :P

• I don't know..if BTTF does not make it on the XBLA then I'm not going to be happy at all! and alot of XBOX360 owners will be too!

Add Comment