User Avatar Image

Biggest disappointment for the season? spoilers

posted by Mystic on - last edited - Viewed by 562 users

And don't just say Max's fate because that goes without saying :( My disappointment was Stinky being evil. I'm not surprised and that's the problem for me. It was so obvious she was evil that I figured it was a red herring and that she was going to turn out to be a secret agent, health inspector, or maybe even the Commissioner something surprising. Instead she was evil but, it wasn't even epic evil...She just wanted to steal a restaurant. Max was minutes away from being nuked, I wouldn't have cared if she had taken over city and announced her wedding to Skunkape by then.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think we got as many opportunities to play around with the Toys of Power as we should have.

• I thought that was the joke that she had this big evil plan that didn't illicit the result, sort of like the Coyote using bombs, magic, giant slingshots etc to catch Road Runner.

• The "Twists" at the end of the epiosdes.

301: Sam & Max see their dead selves.
    302: Max's Brain is Stolen
    303: Sam Clones are everywhere
    304: Max turns into a giant monster

It just "happens" and seems like a bad way to transition from episode to episode. At the last 4 minutes, change the story's main plot.

• @crashboy765 said: The "Twists" at the end of the epiosdes.

It just "happens" and seems like a bad way to transition from episode to episode. At the last 4 minutes, change the story's main plot.

It's sort of customary for Telltale to end an episode with a "transition twist," though, to remind you there's still more to come. Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max Save the World, and SBCG4AP all did the same thing.

• Biggest disappointment would be the puzzles, they were just way to easy.
    Secondly the inside of Max' body were just so dull and repetitive, I mean what indications do we have that Max has some thing about 70's furniture.

• The sudden reversal on Stinky's origin was my big disappointment. Especially since there didn't seem to be any point to doing it.

• @crashboy765 said: The "Twists" at the end of the epiosdes.

I sort of disagree. Sort of completely. If you combine all threads together, these twists were not at all out of place (if you remember that you're in the Sam&Max universe) - only the narration made them unexpected. Which is fine.

Also, no disappointments for me in Season 3 - I didn't enjoy it as much as Season 2, but it was still a lot of fun.

• Biggest disappointment for me was original Stinky's body death.

Add Comment