User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 15.9K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9/10
    Aand... That's it.

• Timeline 2/10
    The Concert 8/10
    The Propositon 8/10
    Gegen die Wand (Head-On) 10/10 (again)

• Spiderwick Chronicles - 5/10. It would get an extra point if it had it's own soundtrack, instead of ripping it off of Casper.

• [quote]Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate. [/quote]

Blade Runner is a weird case too. I don't know if I like the story but it still holds a spot in my top 3 sci-fi. The story goes downhill for me when it's focused too much on the Rachel and Deckart relationship. I preferred the beginning where he did some sleuthing and went to all these cool locations in the shopping district.

But what makes this movie so great is the atmosphere/music/setting. It's my favourite futuristic post-apocalypse world. If I had to choose a fictional world to live that would be one of my top picks.

• Oldboy - 9/10

Great action, great mindfuck, I kind of wish that it was a 'location' film with more time spent on the protagonist in his cell, but it probably wouldn't have been very entertaining. Stylish violence, great plot, and a few boobs thrown in just to even it out. Something for everyone

Inception - 8.5/10

A victim of its own hype and possibly needlessly complicated so it can be seen as 'deep' or something. Still very entertaining, novel and refreshing. Has quite a long running time but never gets dull

The Truman Show (one of my favourite flicks ever) - 9.5/10

Every time I watch this show I notice or reflect on something different about it, be it social commentary or the motivations of those around Truman. People'll pan it because it has Jim Carrey in it, and if you watch a Jim Carrey movie you're branded a moron. Carrey plays his role fantastically and his world is so well-realised. Not to mention Ed Harris as the 'show's' creator turning in a fantastic performance.

Children of Men - 9.5/10

This film blows my arse half way across the room without fail everytime I watch it. Yeah there's technical brilliance in some epic shots, and the story's very good and everyone turns in a great role. But this film feels real, and that takes something special. A true modern classic

Taken (Extreme, in you face, stealing your stuff, clogging your toilet and not being at all sorry cut) 7/10

It's not rocket science, Liam Neeson's ex-CIA or something, daughter goes missing, he
    isn't happy. He shoots his way around Paris showing how hardcore he is and how he still can't do an American accent. Lines such as "I need a plane" "When for?" " an hour ago" and explosive action are all pulled off nicely, and it's enjoyable stuff. Action films are hard to do for myself, bacause they're inherently dumb by nature, but Taken does it right

Remember Me - 4/10

This is what happens when you let someone without the dangly genitals rent a film out, you end up with this. It wasn't all terrible, that blade who plays Claire from Lost turned in a good performance, and there's a comic relief character you'll have a love-hate relationship with. but for the most part I was gagging on Robert Pattinson doing his damndest to look deep and mysterious whilst sucking on a cigarette. his character has daddy issues, and his daddy is played by Pierce Brosnan, a man who couldn't act his way out of a phonebox. With the door left open. And a big "EXIT" sign above the door. Add some nauseating dialogue about how nobody understands and a plot-twist that's as depressing as it is offensive and you've got a stinker. All points were awarded on the premise of Emille de Ravin not screaming "THE BAYYYBEEE!" or "CHAWLIEEE!!"

As you can see, i'm not much of a critic. But stuff it

• JedExodus, you truly are a God amongst men.

• @Rather Dashing said: JedExodus, you truly are a God amongst men.

Don't get too excited, I love Cool Runnings and Half Baked

• Buttcrack 7/10 (saw it at 2 AM so could be why it was so funny)
    Buttcrack is a movie about a guy's room mate whose buttcrack is always showing. Well, oneday the room mate gets a bit fed up with ol' buttcrack and when he blasts his music in the tub he gets angry and when trying to turn off the radio he drops it in the tub killing Buttcrack. Then Buttcrack's Voodoo Witch sister puts a curse on the roommate to where when someone says the word "buttcrack" 12 times in one breath Buttcrack gets pulled from Heaven and has to come to Earth and kill the person or else Buttcrack can't return to Heaven (I know, we all agreed this was the douchiest curse, and curse Buttcrack more then the roommate).
    SGT. Kabukiman NYPD 10/10 (saw it at 3:30, was AMAZING)
    It's about an NYPD SGT who gets the ancient powers of Kabuki and must stop an old Japanese Prophocey from coming true. He at first rejects the power of Kabuki because they're ruining his life. He then decides to accept them and train to be SGT KABUKIMAN NYPD!

• Guys and Dolls- 7/10

This likely loses points because people I know were talking the whole time. I wanted to punch them all in face by the end of it. But what I did hear was not bad.

Phantom of the Opera- 3/10 My thoughts when the phantom was about to hang the fiance of the girl whose name escapes me at the moment. "Oh my god, you idiot. Attack him! ATTACK HIM!" I swear a good chunk of the plot there could have been avoided.

Add Comment