User Avatar Image

If BTTF is a hit, Quantum Leap next?

posted by Certifiable on - last edited - Viewed by 869 users

After all, both series are owned by Universal.

And same as BTTF, the stars are still alive today!
(And since they're not MASSIVELY big names, not costly to hire for V.O!)

AND both were great character driven shows!

Screw the rumoured remake of LEAP into a movie, we need it continued RIGHT!

Ball's in your court Telltale.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • NO!.... I want them to make another Monkey Island.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

This thread is (kinda sorta) redundant, as Quantum Leap has been suggested many times over as a franchise that could lend itself for episodic adventure gaming.

It is of course not a realistic idea. Back to the Future is so immensely popular, but Quantum Leap only has a very small fanbase left. TTG will, most likely, hunt for bigger licenses in the future, or, who knows, start to create their own heroes.

But I'll stick with the idea for a moment, because I absolutely wouldn't be against it. I'm a fan of the show, I have four seasons on DVD (but the episodes really start to get lame mid-third season). Consider these just random ideas:

[LIST]
    [*]Quantum Leap would ALSO be a Universal licence, so the connections are established.
    [*]Scott Bacula and Dean Stockwell could voice-act! *heart thumps*
    [*]Every month a completely new area AND completely new characters could pose a slight problem for TTG's tight release schedule.
    [*]Quantum Leap didn't really have much of an overarching story as such, which was a letdown. I think TTG is striving to tell quite different stories.
    [*]Opposed to BTTF, Quantum Leap wanted to focus on specific social/history problems in the visited time periods. I think TTG has next to no experience with this; but I'd love to see how they'd handle this.
    [*]Quantum leap had some very great tunes, but also only very, very few, repetitive ones. The show was just not that big on music, which would have to be changed for a game (doubtlessly!).
    [/LIST]

• @Irishmile said: NO!.... I want them to make another Monkey Island.

Really? M.I 5 wasn't enough? :P
    (Variety is the spice of life and all of that.)

• @The Gentleman said: Never watched Quantum Leap.

Give it a few show viewings. It grows on you. :)
    (Be it via HULU, DVD or the like.)

• @Vainamoinen said: This thread is (kinda sorta) redundant, as Quantum Leap has been suggested many times over as a franchise that could lend itself for episodic adventure gaming.

No doubt, but Telltale's recent deal with Universal makes for better odds. ;)

• @Certifiable said: Really? M.I 5 wasn't enough? :P
    (Variety is the spice of life and all of that.)

No I have an insatiable apatite for all things Monkey Island.... Its a curse... the Curse of Monkey Island if you will.... The only franchise I accept as a suitable replacement is Sam and Max... but its still not the same.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Certifiable, as Laserschwert has so valiantly suggested to AJ Locascio recently, you can actually multi-quote posters in your messages by using the button in the lower right corner of the posts. ;)

• I think I've responded in a similar thread before, but yeah, I'd love a QL game. They really need to fix that horrible "ending" they tagged on at the end of the series. I also feel the same way about Twin Peaks. I really don't understand why David Lynch decided to make a prequel movie when the series ended on such a terrible cliffhanger!

• If BttF is a hit, Season 2 please!!! ^^

Add Comment