User Avatar Image

OFFICIAL 'TF2 Unlocks questions' thread (was: Question about unlocks not in Steam)

posted by Blooglspash on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I plan on getting TF2 but I don't have it yet. The only problem is, I don't know if I'll still be able to get the items after I get TF2. Will I have to wait to play this game until I get TF2? Could someone please inform me on this matter?

Thanks,
Blooglspash

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yep, you will get the items when you get TF2, even if you buy it after you get all Poker Night items.

• @RingmasterJ5 said: Yep, you will get the items when you get TF2, even if you buy it after you get all Poker Night items.

Great! Does that mean I should use the code you get here now?

• @Blooglspash said: Great! Does that mean I should use the code you get here now?

Yeah. You will also get Poker Night on Steam.

• If I unlocked the game in steam, but installed it not in steam, does it still automatically unlock the achievements in Steam?

Or should I re-install in Steam?

• @econojo said: If I unlocked the game in steam, but installed it not in steam, does it still automatically unlock the achievements in Steam?

Or should I re-install in Steam?

it will not. open steam and start the TTG-Version of the game in the launcher should be a field that says click here for unlocks or something similar.

Or you can try this site: http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks

• You can only get the unlocks if you play the steam version, which you can get through the page der_ketzer posted. I only just read that on the official Poker Night thread, which kinda sucks because the download for the Telltale version just finished and that means I'll have to download it again through Steam to get the items. I've noticed that the codes for the visor and the unlocks are different, so people who preordered it get to register the game on steam a second time?

• Greetings!

First of All! Poker Night is just Awesome! You Guys did a fantastic Job, capturing the Character of every Poker Night Participant!

But after all, I still have a Question, that, I hope, a Telltale Designer can clear up for me!

I bought (pre-ordered) Poker Night on Steam. Now...
    I unlocked ALL TF2 Items now, It's just, that I don't OWN TF2... I plan on Buying It in early December, my Question is:

Do I get all the Items, once I own TF2?

I postet this Question on the Steam Forum too, but I hope a Game Developer can provide some first-Hand Information!

Keep the work on the "At the Inventory" Series up!

Best Regards

Magic_M

• @Neelo said: You can only get the unlocks if you play the steam version, which you can get through the page der_ketzer posted. I only just read that on the official Poker Night thread, which kinda sucks because the download for the Telltale version just finished and that means I'll have to download it again through Steam to get the items. I've noticed that the codes for the visor and the unlocks are different, so people who preordered it get to register the game on steam a second time?

You can use the files from the TT-install-folder for the steamversion to save a little bit of download-volume. You can save more if you copy the direct X folder from another steam-game to the poker night folder (about 100mb for direct X alone).

• That code... What does it do? I noticed it's different than the one in /tf2visor. Does it also give me the Steam version of the game (which would be a rather stupid move by Telltale)? Or does it only give me the unlocks?

I haven't tried using it yet (and probably not going to) but it seems strange to me... If I didn't get any of the unlocks inside the game yet, what would the code give me? Does the code update every time I earn an item?

etc. etc..

For the record, I'm playing on Steam, so this isn't very relevant for me I guess... I'm just really curious.

Also, I have to ask, what happened to "you just need to have Steam running while you play the TTG version" that the devs kept saying before the release?

Add Comment