User Avatar Image

Post your great rounds.

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 595 users

Like the title says, this is where you tell us about some super lucky(or funny) play that happened in Poker Night, dont post dialoge because there is a thread about that already. This is more on the plays that caught your attention.

I just recently had the heavy go all in, and I was hoping for something good so I went all in as well, only for Strong Bad to go all in and bet his dangeresque glasses. This was at the very begining as well so not all the cards where in yet(why the heavy went all in that early Ill never know) and it showed the first set of cards which gave strong bad an advantage. Followed by the next set for strong bad to win, but I didnt notice I had a Flush the entire time during all this. I won the dangeresque glasses and eliminated Strong Bad and the Heavy in one swoop without even thinking I would win.

So post any of your good plays here.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not too along ago from this posting, I was struggling through many losses to win on hard mode. One hand caught my attention. Four queens! I could get the four of a kind for the achieve, too. Trying to be more subtle than the last time I got a four of a kind, I was able to get Heavy and Tycho busted out at once. The only one left was Max. I had such an incredible advantage and good cards! I easily beat him. Man. What luck! Now I wonder if I'm going to go back to normal...

• After two all in bets that completely ****ed me over at the last moment I had two incredible all ins. The first one was when Tycho was the only one left, he bet everything before the cards even showed and I called it without worrying since I had double the money he did, and what do you know, first thing the game does is give me a 3 of a kind, and then a poker with the last card while giving Tycho nothing XD Then currently, Tycho, Heavy and me kept constantly raising until both of them went all in, I don't remember what cards I got but I ended up eliminating both at once AND winning Sasha at the same time :D

• First tournament I played (on hard), heavy and strongbad went all-in on the first hand, where I'd turned up a triple on the flop. Needless to say they had nothing :) So from there it was pretty easy to win my first tournament.

Then I lost 5 tournaments straight and ended with negative funds in the bank :(

• I busted two people out on a 10 high. What.

• I got both Max and Strongbad to go all in, each with one pair, while I had a full house. This happened in the first round of the game.

• First round. Terrible cards.

I go All In.

The three other guys fall for the bluff. Tycho calls, putting all of his cash into the round.

I win with a pair of fucking twos. Double money. Hells yeah.

• @Giant Tope said: I busted two people out on a 10 high. What.

I'm not sure your 10 was all that was high.

• I mentioned this briefly in another thread, but here's the most absurd round I had, and a good'un.

On the very first hand and before the flop, Heavy, Tycho, Sam and Strong Bad all go all-in! I promptly fold. :) Heavy wins and the tournament is now just the two of us w/ Heavy's 40k to my 10k. I have to keep folding my weak opening deals before the flop as he is betting high. Fortunately, it's so early in the game that the blinds are still small, else I'd have been done for.

So now it's down to his 44k to my 6k. I am dealt a couple decent cards and decide to go all-in before the flop. He calls and ultimately my hand wins. On the next hand, I pull the same thing. He calls and my hand wins. The following hand I get another good deal and the Heavy is checking after the flop, so I go all-in and the Heavy folds. Finally, on the next hand, I'm back to playing more conservatively, but after the flop I'm one short of an outside straight draw. Turn card fills the straight. I go all-in. Heavy can't top it. I win the tournament. :D

Winning four consecutive all-ins shows that it's better to be lucky than good. ;)

• In one game, after Strong Bad was out, everybody went all in and I was able to beat them. It was... Rather strange. I thought that maybe the game was being nice for me because of my incredible losing rate. Probably not, but ehh, oh well. Fastest game I ever played.

• @Rather Dashing said: First round. Terrible cards.

I go All In.

The three other guys fall for the bluff. Tycho calls, putting all of his cash into the round.

I win with a pair of fucking twos. Double money. Hells yeah.

What the crap did Tycho have?

Add Comment