User Avatar Image

Sam and Max on Steam

posted by allyjweir on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I believe that Steam would be an exellent way to distibute the Sam and Max series through. I would be more tempted to purchase through steam because if I ever reinstalled windows it would be there for a straight download.

I dont buy off the website becasue i dont feel very comfortable with that and not having it linked to my steam account or have a disc.

It would be brilliant !!!!!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • After purchasing a game through this site you may download it again at your leisure by going into the past purchases section. So you have it straight for download even without using steam.

• I've never had any problems or felt insecure about purchasing Sam & Max with the current system, though I do find Steam to be more user-friendly, which maybe isn't too surprising, as I am assuming Valve has a bit more money available to their distribution system budget than Telltale games ;)

• I've got to agree with this, distributing via Steam may well allow TellTale to distribute to a larger audience, and certainly get more recognition. Consider recent additions to Steam in the last few months: Combined with the standing of Valve's Half-Life series, ActiVision's Call of Duty series has gone up, SimBin looks slated to release its future racing games across Steam, Creative Assembly have hooked Medieval II: Total War onto it, even Sid Meier has gone on with Civ 4. Steam is expanding, and as it does its user base is increasing. Its not like Sam & Max will be without company, Tim Schafer's Psychonauts is there as well.

I don't think it could be done this season though, with GameTap most likely holding a legal contract grip on Season One. However Steam's major advantage lies in how it has an international market; unlike GameTap, Valve is not just limited to the USA. It certainly seems a distinct possibility though, Steam provides the perfect UI for the distribution of episodic content, even if Ritual's SiN Episodes has been kicked into the long grass (a good number of their staff left, give them that.) and Valve is moving a bit slow with Half-Life Episode 2.

• Regarding Gametap versus Steam, it is not automatically true that you can't be on one without being on the other--Civilization 3 is actually on both Steam and Gametap--but nobody knows the details of S&M's specific contract with Gametap.

• Steam?! Why didn't I think of that!

• The problem with using Steam is that it's too expensive -- Valve charges quite a bit for it.

• @mill said: The problem with using Steam is that it's too expensive -- Valve charges quite a bit for it.

No they don't. Steam is free. :p

• @Mother Superior said: No they don't. Steam is free. :p

What?! It is?! Hmm I read somewhere that it was too expensive. Oh well, sorry for that then.

• @mill said: What?! It is?! Hmm I read somewhere that it was too expensive. Oh well, sorry for that then.

You sure they didn't mean the games on steam are too expensive then? It's not true, most games are pretty reasonably priced and Steam is a fantastic platform for delivering updates and patches, it's very secure and stable despite what some people might have you believe.

Add Comment