User Avatar Image

Play as Dinosaurs?

posted by lilbase on - last edited - Viewed by 799 users

Will we be able to play as Dinosaurs in this game like the T-Rex?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Given how one of Telltale's biggest selling points in their games is the humorous dialogue, I don't think so.

"Rarrraarr raar!"
    "Raaaaaaaaaeeeeeeyargh!"
    "Skreeeeeeeeeee!"

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Given how one of Telltale's biggest selling points in their games is the humorous dialogue, I don't think so.

"Rarrraarr raar!"
    "Raaaaaaaaaeeeeeeyargh!"
    "Skreeeeeeeeeee!"

I dont think that humorous dialogue will be the biggest selling point in their Jurassic Park-game. Its a more serious franchise with just a few fun moments.

But I also dont think there will be playable dinosaurs, wouldnt fit to the tension and drama!

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Sadonicus said: I dont think that humorous dialogue will be the biggest selling point in their Jurassic Park-game. Its a more serious franchise with just a few fun moments.

But I also dont think there will be playable dinosaurs, wouldnt fit to the tension and drama!

Probably not for a whole game, but I could actually see you playing as a dino running from humans, hearing snippets of their conversation, while fleeing both misunderstanding tourists AND the carnivorous dinos.

• @divisionten said: Probably not for a whole game, but I could actually see you playing as a dino running from humans, hearing snippets of their conversation, while fleeing both misunderstanding tourists AND the carnivorous dinos.

No, its just anticlimatic, would be a complete break with the human based story and kinda stupid also!

• Not if it was done right. For example, playing as a Raptor in a stealth-based level would be really cool. Instead of just killing everything on your way, you would have to be extremely careful with every step you take and when it's the right time... Strike.

However, I doubt they will make it for this particular game. It would be a very interesting idea for a dinosaur game. It's curious that it hasn't been done before, in a complex way I mean.

• It would be interesting indeed, but for this game it wouldnt make any sense, like you said!

• There was one game where you played as animals with an outside human storyline. Can't remember the name of the game but you played as either a spider or a scorpian and there were humans in the background that told an unfolding story.

It got good reviews just not many people played it. I think it was called Deadly Creatures or something like that.

• Well in the Lost World Jurassic Park game for PS1 and Sega Saturn you could play as Dinos and Humans they had Compy,Raptor and the T-Rex. Then for Humans you could be The Hunter then Sara.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: There was one game where you played as animals with an outside human storyline. Can't remember the name of the game but you played as either a spider or a scorpian and there were humans in the background that told an unfolding story.

It got good reviews just not many people played it. I think it was called Deadly Creatures or something like that.

That's the one. It'd be kinda hard to do with JP though. Deadly Creatures was small critters that were affected by their environment. JP would be, in that instance, more about big critters that affect their environment.

Add Comment