User Avatar Image

Most Difficult Episode

posted by Jwab on - last edited - Viewed by 286 users

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I was wondering which episode people found the most challenging? For me I think I'd have to say Chariot Of The Dogs - really enjoyed it overall but did find some of the puzzles pretty difficult

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tomb for me. I completely missed several visual cues, like the holes in the shape of the golden bust. I had no idea sam and max could move while two dimensional on the wall. Some of the things were terribly misleading: you never needed the vampire-curse scroll yet everything indicated you needed to get it to either get past Jurgen or past the vampire elf.

As novel as the gameplay was and as fun as Sameth and Maximus were with all the ambience and stuff, it was the most frustrating episode for me. At some point I considered simply abandoning it, and I didn't feel the impulse to keep on playing. At some points I'd even say it was something of a chore. It didn't help that a lot of the npcs had LOOOOONG boring dialogues, the bit about the comic strips with the cucumber cut lenghtwise come to mind.

• 202, it was the only game I had to find an answer twice.

• Almost all of Season Two... *forshame*

• 202. The surfing minigame uaaaaagh.

• Abe Lincoln Must Die for me. The whole using the bug on the phone, 'interpreting' Wizzer to the Pres., tricking Abe with the right cue cards, tring to get into the war room. Also, when I first played, I was stuck for about 2 hours, going in circles trying to find what I missed...then I finally saw the flyers next to Abe's podieum...Oh man, I can't believe I missed that.

• I got properly stumped in 302, I didn't realize you had to switch between reels to solve puzzles. (O yeah and did solving the reel #1 require learning about the cucumber joke? It didn't seem to, that would be a major chance for a dead-end). The flyer bundle in 104 was a tough one too.

However, I think the most difficult thing was to watch credits roll on 305.

• @Edgy Grimdark said: I got properly stumped in 302, I didn't realize you had to switch between reels to solve puzzles. (O yeah and did solving the reel #1 require learning about the cucumber joke? It didn't seem to, that would be a major chance for a dead-end). The flyer bundle in 104 was a tough one too.

However, I think the most difficult thing was to watch credits roll on 305.

I believe beating Reel 1 without hearing the cucumber joke will make the game unwinnable.

• @Edgy Grimdark said: However, I think the most difficult thing was to watch credits roll on 305.

Too true, too true.

Add Comment