User Avatar Image

Delorean Error

posted by Dragon King on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

ok so a few of us at bttfhillvalley.co.uk noticed that the Delorean has Mr. Fusion but not the futuristic license plate, instead it has the outatime license plate. I was wondering why that is (I'm asking for a friend who is a stickler for details like this.).

280 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, honestly, the time machine was destroyed in BTTF3... so no one really knows from which period this one comes. It may have been rebuilt, it may have been from between the movies... no idea! We'll just wait and see :D

• We are trying to explain that to him but he doesn't care. He just says "It's supposed to have a futuristic license plate". The only explanation is "they just messed up".

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

MAYBE someone picked up the license plate from the Hill Valley parking lot in 1985 and REATTACHED it to a DeLorean from another time period, because the future plate is from an unwritten future and therefore disappeared.

What? That is within at least two of the multiple logics of the triology! :D :D :D

• Presumably Doc built a new DeLorean. Note how when Marty sees it it's covered in ice. The original DeLorean was covered in ice when Einstein first travelled one minute into the future, presumably as a side effect of time-travelling for the first time. After the DeLorean had been...broken in, you could say, it never went through that problem when time-travelling afterwards. The game's not out yet, so we can't say for sure, but presumably this is not the same DeLorean from the movies.

Mr. Fusion is a useful upgrade. A futuristic license plate is not, since it serves no real purpose beyond avoiding standing out in 2015 (where Doc isn't planning Marty to go).

• actually i think it was covered with ice again in the end if the first movie when he went back again.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Note how when Marty sees it it's covered in ice. *snip* After the DeLorean had been...broken in, you could say, it never went through that problem when time-travelling afterwards.

It did went through that "problem" again (more like a side-effect), all through the trilogy, but in much lesser proportions. Even before it was destroyed by the train, you could see the thin frost layer formed on the top of the doors.

I'm inclined to say it's a new DeLorean, because of the blank "Last Time Departed" readout -although it arrived from somewhen else (!)- and because taking the trilogy DeLorean would be 4th-dimensionally risky.

• Perhaps the vehicle licensing people were chasing Doc for displaying plates not yet issued? :D

• Well Doc should have made a rotating license-plate on the back of the Delorean with at least 3 or 4 kinds of different License-plates.. just with the touch of a button on the dashboard he can change rotate to another license plate if you know what i mean. :p he's a scientist. no more license-plate issues!

• What about the Flux Capaciter seeming to pulsing in instead of out?

• I also noticed that and mentioned it in the "Trailer" thread, let's see how it goes.

It looks like the Torin blower and relays are missing, no big deal :P, and that the explosions the sparks make when they fire from the wormhole emitter/flux coils go through the car and can be seen from the interior. It looks weird, I don't know if that can be fixed or is an engine limitation.

Add Comment