User Avatar Image

Fatal Conspiracy... PC-DVD?

posted by Mike Haley on - last edited - Viewed by 911 users

I have come out of hiding to ask a burning question...

Okay, I went to Best Buy yesterday to look for the PC version of CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, and was told that it did not exist. Their computers showed that they only had Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions in stock. They seemed baffled when I told them that there should be a PC version. I Google'd for a bit, and found that some people are saying that CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is download only, while others claim to have seen a PC-DVD at Best Buy.

It's a conspiracy! No, wait, there has to be a logical explanation.

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If there's a version on disc, it's probably available in Europe.

I checked Amazon and they have a copy... for $35. The cover has a PEGI rating and the "PC CD-ROM" logo at the top that I've seen in UK/Euro games over the past few years.

Funny thing, though? The Ubisoft website for Fatal Conspiracy HAS a picture of the US PC version! Maybe you can buy a hard copy at their webstore. I tried checking but apparently they think Mexico is part of Europe and they want me to pay in Euros.

• Best Buy actually had a PC version in their weekly ad a few weeks ago, but when I called to check they didn't have it, couldn't find in in their system, and were completely confused. I've seen some for sale from Europe but don't know if it's a real DVD or something copied onto a DVD.

Pretty crappy that it hasn't been released for PC other than d/l without even giving the system requirements on the Ubisoft site. The PC versions of the CSI games built the popularity.

• I'm also disappointed in this Best Buy "exclusive" thing, as they do not carry it and have no idea what I am talking about when I ask for it. :(

• @gershep1 said: Best Buy actually had a PC version in their weekly ad a few weeks ago, but when I called to check they didn't have it, couldn't find in in their system, and were completely confused. I've seen some for sale from Europe but don't know if it's a real DVD or something copied onto a DVD.

Pretty crappy that it hasn't been released for PC other than d/l without even giving the system requirements on the Ubisoft site. The PC versions of the CSI games built the popularity.

Don't worry, downloadable games often get released on disc over in Europe for some reason. I've seen pictures of actual retail versions of the Telltale Bone games sold in Europe! It might make sense to import a copy, but I'd rather wait until Ubisoft decides to bundle Fatal Conspiracy with the other games in the series.

• Guys,
    I am disconsolate. And none of have offered any sound advice of where to buy to buy it.

• It does appear to be the case that Ubisoft decided to sell the PC version digital-only in the US.

• @Udvarnoky said: It does appear to be the case that Ubisoft decided to sell the PC version digital-only in the US.

Jake told me that one of their producers for the CSI games told him that the retail version is a Best Buy exclusive, though I've yet to see a copy of it.

• What I heard on another site was that those sent to Best Buy had defective sound cards and were recalled but that the English ones didn't have this defect.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Jake told me that one of their producers for the CSI games told him that the retail version is a Best Buy exclusive, though I've yet to see a copy of it.

Do the Xbox, WII etc versions have exclusives or are they globally available? It looks as though the PC isn't as popular as the other platforms otherwise it would have been published in physical format.

• Now I'm seeing CSI FC for the PC for sale on Ebay from the USA. Where are these coming from? It's not Best Buy.

Add Comment