User Avatar Image

Buy everything now or wait?

posted by joseph9631 on - last edited - Viewed by 145 users

So I am planning to buy a lot of stuff, that includes Strongbad, Mokey Island and all of the Sam and Max games and merchandise. However I want the DVD versions of these instead of the digital.

Should I buy those and merchandise today since it's 50% off or wait for another deal?

Thanks.

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    I can't predict the future, but i think for a big order with a lot of different items ## % off is probably the best kind of deal.
    You can speculate on getting more than 50% off in a later deal, but i don't know how likely that is. You might as well miss the last 50% chance in the process.

  • 50% off on everything plus you will hit the free shipping for sure... its doubtful you will get a better deal than that.

  • @joseph9631 said: Should I buy those and merchandise today since it's 50% off or wait for another deal?


    I'd say... go for it!

  • So I need some help, I want all the Sam and Max seasons, Strongbad and the Monkey Island games on DVD. What is the cheapest and easiest way to do it?

    Thanks.

    Also, Sam and Max season 1 seems to be on backorder, will I ever get it? :(

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @joseph9631 said: So I need some help, I want all the Sam and Max seasons, Strongbad and the Monkey Island games on DVD. What is the cheapest and easiest way to do it?



    For Sam&Max S1-S3 the best deal is the Sam & Max: Complete Collection.

    But be aware that you have to order the free DVDs separately afterwards.

    Also you might have to get in contact with support to get the DVDs into your shopping cart.

    So your best option would be to order the complete collection separately, get the DVDs put into your shopping cart, and then add everything else to get above 50$, so you get the DVDs with free shipping too.

    It's probably best to contact Amy via PM first, to make sure it all works out in time.

  • @DjNDB said: For Sam&Max S1-S3 the best deal is the Sam & Max: Complete Collection.

    But be aware that you have to order the free DVDs separately afterwards.

    Also you might have to get in contact with support to get the DVDs into your shopping cart.

    So your best option would be to order the complete collection separately, get the DVDs put into your shopping cart, and then add everything else to get above 50$, so you get the DVDs with free shipping too.

    It's probably best to contact Amy via PM first, to make sure it all works out in time.



    Are those DVDs the same as the other Collectors editions in the store? This has me so confused. Do you mind trying to explain a bit more?

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @joseph9631 said: Are those DVDs the same as the other Collectors editions in the store? This has me so confused. Do you mind trying to explain a bit more?



    Ordering the complete collection gives you access to the download episodes. It also makes you eligible for the free DVDs. They are the same DVDs.

    The only problem is, that the system doesn't recognize automatically, that you can order the DVDs for free, as it does when you buy the individual seasons.
    You can read about it in the thread i linked to.

    But i wouldn't wait to long contacting support/Amy. I don't know how long they'll still be in the office. It's evening in California already, and todays deal ends in a few hours.

  • @DjNDB said: Ordering the complete collection gives you access to the download episodes. It also makes you eligible for the free DVDs. They are the same DVDs.

    The only problem is, that the system doesn't recognize automatically, that you can order the DVDs for free, as it does when you buy the individual seasons.
    You can read about it in the thread i linked to.

    But i wouldn't wait to long contacting support/Amy. I don't know how long they'll still be in the office. It's evening in California already, and todays deal ends in a few hours.



    Okay, so after doing that I can go along and order everything else I want?

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @joseph9631 said: Okay, so after doing that I can go along and order everything else I want?



    It should work as i described. I know, it sounds a bit convoluted, but the shopping system seems to have its limits.

    In case you don't get in contact with support before the deal ends, just order everything at once, and then try to get the free DVDs added to the order by support manually afterwards as quickly as possible.

    That should at least make sure you get the deal on everything.

    To explain a little bit more:
    You get the download versions With all TTG games in any case, even if you order the DVD directly.
    The history of that is, that the game seasons are available for download first, with the option of getting the free DVD at the end of the season, after it has been produced.
    Once the DVDs are available, you can either buy the download version and get the DVD later for the cost of shipping, or you can order the DVD version directly (and get the download versions anyway).
    That way you can choose if you want just the downloads or the DVD too, and you can order the DVD whenever it fits best, so you can save on shipping.

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    I just read this in the interloper:
    Today through Friday we're letting nearly everything go in our store for a whopping 50% off (not including Back to the Future and Poker Night at the Inventory)! Save on games and merchandise including t-shirts, comics, mugs, posters and more. Act fast though, this offer expires at 11 am Pacific Time on Saturday, December 11 with another great offer starting at that time!

    So the 50% off deal will last for a few days and there's no reason to panic.

Add Comment