User Avatar Image

Fan REQ: Jules and Verne, and elements from the cartoon series?

posted by Mysticales on - last edited - Viewed by 734 users

Hey I just got done learning this game was coming out due to that new trailer. OMG is all I had to say. So here I am. I saw the behind the scene stuff too and how that the game is being made with all the fans in mind and elements to make it right. 1st off, i do feel the game is on the right path. I do think Docs artwork while looks ok, should get more of a happier tone on his expression. =)

Anyways speaking as a Fan, I loved the comic/cartoon series elements. I would think Jules and Verne and Clara should be involved in here somehow, The kids would get into some trouble and so, etc. Would for me, make the series connect and as a fan, would love the connections. Afterall, they were a great continuation to the movies. I always wished for example the new Ghost Busters movies would make Slimer as they did in the cartoon, a mascot, which in the game, they "kinda" did with him on display. But still wasnt the same, since Slimer was a Hero in the cartoon as well.

I feel the same way about elements from the BTTF cartoon series. Some aspects should be used. =)

Another angle to look at is Mayor Goldie Wilson, Did Marty or Doc help them more during time? As we saw in the movies, seems that family has its grips on Hill Valley, more info would be cool.

Finally.. Huey Louie and the News.. Must add a new song to the game. "Power of Love" was widely associated with BTTF and I think that is something that could be continued out of respect. =)

Hi and YAY cant wait to preorder. Waiting on my paycheck. Dying to play this game!

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The cartoon is really best left ignored. It wasn't really a Back to the Future cartoon as much as a wacky time travel cartoon that happened to have BttF characters. Doc and Marty time travel freely (despite it being well-established that time travel is incredibly dangerous), and the DeLorean is somehow able to freely travel through space as well as time, even though in the films it's, as far as spatial travel is concerned, just a normal car (that can fly).

In short, it doesn't really stick to the spirit of Back to the Future, which is what Telltale is trying to do.

• Which part no? The kids ARE in the 3rd movie, so it should be explored some. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

An explanation you will get - but probably not much more. We also already know that the cartoon series is quite another BTTF universe and will be completely ignored by the TTG team.

• @Mysticales said: Which part no? The kids ARE in the 3rd movie, so it should be explored some. ;)

Well yes the characters should be explored some. When you mention the animated series though, it brings to mind a lot of cringe-worthy silliness.

Also, I'm starting to think more and more that extensive development of the kids is probably left for something beyond this, where focus could be shifted away from Marty and Doc and they could have room to be more important characters.

• Sure Im not against that, but being that this IS BTTF 4, I think Docs Wife and Kids needs to be somewhere there, and even if its not portrayed like the cartoon was. I do believe in the after seeing the Cartoon, one is the smart one and the other is childish fun. (You saw the look and expressions at the end of the 3rd movie with the smirk) While the wife.. has been torn from what she knew to be current to be instant educated into the terms and items of the future. She loves her husband and exploring time is like a dream from her books. Nothing wrong with exploring it and for fans, I think it would add a good degree of something new. =)

• Yeah, this could be a step back for Clara's character from the role she got in Part 3.

• Doc's family could be explained away in an incredibly simple way, like having Doc say some throwaway line like "Thank goodness that Clara and the boys are safely at home on our farm in 1875" or something.

This is a Marty and Doc adventure. The Brown family was a wonderful addition to complete Doc's character arc in the trilogy, but they were superfluous and unnecessary to a continuing story. So just like Gale and Zemeckis did to Jennifer in Part Two, the Brown family's involvement should be minimized.

That's my two cents anyways...

• I do need to point out something. Someone mentioned that it makes no sense for the DeLorean in the cartoon to travel spatially as well as temporally? It always has. Somehow, the time machine autocorrects spatial coordinates in order for the passenger to arrive in the same place he left even though spatially, those coordinates would have changed, especially over years.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I do need to point out something. Someone mentioned that it makes no sense for the DeLorean in the cartoon to travel spatially as well as temporally? It always has. Somehow, the time machine autocorrects spatial coordinates in order for the passenger to arrive in the same place he left even though spatially, those coordinates would have changed, especially over years.

Let me be more specific: When the DeLorean time travels, where it shows up is relative to where it was before. If you want to travel to the time of the ancient Romans, you can, but good luck getting to Rome.

Add Comment