User Avatar Image

George McFly character discussion

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 746 users

After reading the description of George is he gonna be some sort of villain in this game? it saids in the character description: POSSIBLE SPOILER that he is involved in with the Brown estate in ways that don't sit well with Marty.

Anyway just me speculating anyone have any thoughts or comments ?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I was worrying about that too. But then again, I'm worrying about a lot of things without apparent reason. ;)

It seems like he executes the sale of Doc's stuff, which Marty can't like. But that bit of ambivalence is OK, as long as they don't exaggerate the "teaching" and condescending tone George has in the early speech samples. I'd find that far more of a problem concerning the character.

• Something tells me that characters will run into harsher problems that concerns Doc's current home and lab.

• I wouldn't go so far as to say that George is going to be a villain in the game... that's probably putting it a little too harshly.

So far as we know, we... don't know anything about the extent of his involvement with the Brown estate or how he got involved in the first place (esp. since before now, they apparently weren't aware of Marty's friendship with Doc).

• Seems, from his appearance in the trailer, that he's going to run counter to Marty's goals, yes. But mostly because he thinks it's "what's right". I think it's more that George has a different opinion than Marty does, partially because George isn't as close to Doc, partially because George doesn't have all the information in terms of the whole time travel bit. I doubt he'd be all-out VILLAIN, if anything he may have some reason that he'd benefit from Doc's stuff being sold.

• As far as I can tell George wasn't writing full time, in 1985 he releases his first printed novel and he would need a job because he wouldn't be able to raise the McFly on the ammount of the book alone. So maybe George works at the bank.

• Maybe, though it can probably be assumed that before his novel, he wrote short stories--he was an established author by the time Biff killed him in 1985A.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: As far as I can tell George wasn't writing full time, in 1985 he releases his first printed novel and he would need a job because he wouldn't be able to raise the McFly on the ammount of the book alone. So maybe George works at the bank.

As an artist, I can get behind this theory. Unless you somehow strike it rich with overnight success, you p. much have to have a day job to support living expenses and stuff.

I could see George working at the bank during the day. Seems reasonable enough and it would explain his involvement with the Brown estate too.

• George doesn't work at the bank. He's just there helping Marty pack in the important things or something.

• In the brief bits of the gameplay in that location that we see in the Gametrailers episode, it just looked to me like George was browsing Doc's stuff with the intent of buying some of it. Would make some sense for him to be interested, as a sci-fi writer.

We don't really get a sense of what George's "day job" is in the new timeline at the end of BTTF though, so he could work at or for a bank. I assume he still has a day job since A Match Made In Space is his first book, and he still lives in the same house as in the original timeline, so his life can't have been that different overall so far... it seems likely to me that he has the job that was Biff's job in the original timeline, but we don't know what his job was either.

• He worked at the XXX theater that you can clearly see in the background, it's playing American Orgy. Back in the day of VHS is probably to blurry to notice!

Add Comment