User Avatar Image

TOMI Episode 1 on iPad Now!

posted by Weeksy on - last edited - Viewed by 599 users

.... But I'm a little hesitant to pick it up based on the lack of subsequent episodes from "Wallace & Gromit", "Sam & Max" etc...

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good point. I say wait until at least the second episode is released on the iPad, just so that you [probably] know that Telltale are committed to releasing the whole season on the iPad. By the way, will this be your first time playing 'Tales of Monkey Island'?

• @Hayden said: Good point. I say wait until at least the second episode is released on the iPad, just so that you [probably] know that Telltale are committed to releasing the whole season on the iPad. By the way, will this be your first time playing 'Tales of Monkey Island'?

No, I've got it on the PC, so it would be a double dip for me - which I don't mind doing as I also have all of the "Sam & Max" seasons as well as "Wallace & Gromit" and I bought those releases for the iPad, but I did so under the impression that:

A). Penal Zone Ep 1 was going to be updated to fix the performance issues, and would be followed by the other eps, and,

B). Wallace & Gromit would also be followed up by the other chapters.

But - all that aside, I'll still be getting "BTTF" episode 1 on the iPad as well.... just 'cause it's cool....

• Glad to see it on the store, but with a PC purchase and a PS3 purchase of the same game, I might have to pass. But it's certainly come as a nice surprise though. Kudos Telltale, hopefully you'll release the full season.

• Ummm. can't find it. Link please?

• User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

Hi all

Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/monkey-island-tales-1-hd/id406248957?mt=8

We're definitely planning the full 5 game series for iPad

- Joel, Telltale

• Well, there's your confirmation, Weeksy :).

• I'm sorry. Given Telltale's track record of not releasing the full series on the iPad, I will not purchase anything until the complete series has been submitted and some reviews have come in indicating it is playable.

• @G.byrne said: I'm sorry. Given Telltale's track record of not releasing the full series on the iPad, I will not purchase anything until the complete series has been submitted and some reviews have come in indicating it is playable.

+1

Love Telltale stuff on iPad, hate not completing Telltale stuff on iPad.

• Hi,
    at least for me monkey island tales 1 HD for iPad IS nice but not playable.
    Can't find out how to use cutlass on the plants roots in the prolog.
    There is no help that describes how the actions are done within the game, or am I just blind?

• @iPaddy said: Hi,
    at least for me monkey island tales 1 HD for iPad IS nice but not playable.
    Can't find out how to use cutlass on the plants roots in the prolog.
    There is no help that describes how the actions are done within the game, or am I just blind?

It's playable, that just not what you are supposed to do with the root.

Add Comment